Matrix online or Peak (chemistry) (1 Viewer)

snow726

HSC
Hello,
What would be the better option for yr 11 chem - matrix online or peak

Matrix online pros:
- start from mod 1

Peak pros:
- i’ve heard the teaching is good

Peak cons:
- they’ve already finished mod 1 so i’d have to self-study that. i think it’ll be okay but i’m still worried that if my basics aren’t solid i’ll struggle for the a lot of the chem course

Thank you in advance everyone!! 😊

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Mod 1 isn't that new. You'll be covering past knowledge carried over from years 9 &10. Peak is a very cheap option I've heard, and I've been told that their mock trial exams are sought by everyone due to the good questions and resemblance to the HSC itself. Just join Peak, trust me as far as I can remember minute amounts of the mod 1 knowledge carries onto mod 2 anyway so you are fine. But mainly for MOD 1 learn Bonding, Ionisation energy/electronegativity and radioactivity. I'm pretty sure you should know electron config from prev. years (learn the SPDF notation). And that's basically it. Ngl if you were to try you should be able to do Mod 1 in 2-3 weeks if you even give it a solid hour to two hours a day. If you really sweat it out it's a week - two weeks worth of work.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hello,
What would be the better option for yr 11 chem - matrix online or peak

Matrix online pros:
- start from mod 1

Peak pros:
- i’ve heard the teaching is good

Peak cons:
- they’ve already finished mod 1 so i’d have to self-study that. i think it’ll be okay but i’m still worried that if my basics aren’t solid i’ll struggle for the a lot of the chem course

Thank you in advance everyone!! 😊
i did matrix online all the way into y12 and it was pretty good if you're disciplined and can work from home. all i did was do the module in the holidays and finish the workbook so then the rest of the term was spent doing past paper qs. that being said, a con of matrix was that i could only do one module a term which kinda sucked if i wanted to go further ahead. a way to cheat code this and to go ahead is to attend f2f classes of the current module then buy the matrix+ for the next module [it worked for me cos my school did mod 2 first] but f2f costs a crap ton tbh it's not worth it for the same resources and better teaching on matrix online guaranteed

i'd suggest the peak option if you're not too thrown off by them having alr finished mod 1 and you self-studying on your own for a bit and if you learn better in a classroom setting, since it's way cheaper cos even tho i liked matrix peak seemed ultimately the better option that i would've gone to if the campus weren't too far and they weren't so far ahead already.

snow726

HSC
i did matrix online all the way into y12 and it was pretty good if you're disciplined and can work from home. all i did was do the module in the holidays and finish the workbook so then the rest of the term was spent doing past paper qs. that being said, a con of matrix was that i could only do one module a term which kinda sucked if i wanted to go further ahead. a way to cheat code this and to go ahead is to attend f2f classes of the current module then buy the matrix+ for the next module [it worked for me cos my school did mod 2 first] but f2f costs a crap ton tbh it's not worth it for the same resources and better teaching on matrix online guaranteed

i'd suggest the peak option if you're not too thrown off by them having alr finished mod 1 and you self-studying on your own for a bit and if you learn better in a classroom setting, since it's way cheaper cos even tho i liked matrix peak seemed ultimately the better option that i would've gone to if the campus weren't too far and they weren't so far ahead already.
hi it's been a while since i posted this but i wanted to thank you! 😃

personally, the campuses are also far away for me - abt 1 hour each way so a 2hour lesson would translate to a 4 hour time slot being taken away from a weekend day (although i'd try to get some work done during the travel). So that's another disadvantage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)