Matrix omg. (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
My friend discussed with me that Neo is like a patch for the matrix...

gnrlies

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
another idea i had which i cant really support with anything from the movie, but it was just a far out idea...

Ok, well in the first matrix there was an emphasis on the fact that the humans created true artificial intelligence in the machines. What if in some wild way, neo and all of the humans are actually representitive of this artificial intelligence?

I dont really know my own theory very well, but i mean its just an idea..

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
i think matrix within a matrix is cool! think about how ground breaking matrix1 was and everyone was like whoa i'm so glad i have a bird eyes view of everything and feel sorry for the matrix victims and love the characters in the real world because they are free and real but we are the idiots and its all matrix

its not gonna be like, the real real world will be what we see as the real world so far, mabye the real real world is even more in the future like 4000ad and if neos the first to realise it how can they get out? even if they have a red pill whos outside the matrix waiting for them?

well its less "i woke up and it was all a dream" then neo saying (about centinals) "whoa, i think some encryption wore off on me from the agents when i killed him" <--- would be the end of the disney series of matrix

muldersgun

HSC
Neo v1.06

lol

I thought reloaded was a mad film. I went into it with no expectations whatsoever and loved it fully. Its very different from the first film and i don't think you can adequately compare the two.

I've talked to heaps of ppl who said they didn't enjoy it but i think it's all a matter of opinion. I'm a sci-fi geek and even though there were moments of cheesiness and bad dialogue I think reloaded had a somewhat right mixture of action, philosophy and love which is prevalent in all SF films.

I came out of it last night thinking "Whoa!", that was majorly cool and mind bending. Can't wait for the next one.

*edited because too should not be confused with two

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
It'll be a matrix in a matrix or they would not blabber so much 'control' and related philosophies in the movie.

Originally posted by Minai
each 'one' is a patch for the matrix as they attempt 2 eliminate the anomaly so that the new versions would have less flaws than the old ones. the anomalies all culminate within the one which is y neo can do all these wierd shit. Its like a cycle: destruction of zion and the intergrating the one into the source reloads the matrix to a newer 'better' version, hence the movie itle 'reloaded' and this cycle should end or complete a grander revolution in the third part, "revolution'

and yes i quite enjoyed teh movie:D

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
well said

hehe yeah before i saw it i thought reloaded was a pretty lame name, just cashing in on the whole nerdy audience

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by ellipsis

But seriously, what point does any of the first movie or anything have, if they are all in another matrix ? the whole 'fight the system, done with power' message is kinda lost too, if its futile.
The first movie deals with, "WHAT is the matrix" and how, "it's the question that drives us".. but as the architect said, "the first question may seem the most pertinent but also the most irrelevant" (ok, not sure if the quotes are right)

and also, the whole issue about choice? neo was given the red pill and the blue pill, and again with the oracle offering him a red lolly- but it had already been decided what he was going to "choose", but the choice was an illusion... they need to ask the more fundamental question, WHY? if everything happens for a reason, why is it happening?? up until now, they've just been accepting everything the oracle says without question.

i agree with the whole upgrading of the system with each 'the one'... are they making it so that neo will bring about the end? since there are many indications that he is different to his predecessors?
e.g. when agent smith(s) said at the beginning of the film "exactly as it had happend before" "well, not exactly".. and agent smith telling him how neo coming back to life in unloaded was not meant to happen... the architect saying he thinks faster than the others... etc

i dont really understand a lot of the things- is neo human or a program? i think he is human because the machines keep saying "he is (still) only human"... etc, but then how can he be a part of each version of the matrix there is?

and why can he do all these special things like coming back to life? remember in the first one when morpheus says, if you die in the matrix, ur body will die too because the body can not live without the mind? :confused:

OH! and i reckon time will be an important theme in the next one, coz neo was dreaming about something without the restriction of time.... not quite sure what that meant. and there were references to it, like morpheus saying, "it's a matter of time" and in the first one, he said, 'time is always against us'... which made me think... is time controlled by the matrix?

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
and why can he do all these special things like coming back to life? remember in the first one when morpheus says, if you die in the matrix, ur body will die too because the body can not live without the soul? :confused:
Might just point out that in one of the Animatrix episodes ("Kid's Story") someone else did the same thing (self-substantiation).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)