Maths Marks (1 Viewer)

gonzalina

i dunno about that....hmmm..3u isnt hard, non of the maths really is, is all about the amount of work you put into your maths...i dont do ANYTHING so my school mark for the HSC is 52% which is really MY fault. i'm too damn lazy for my own good. All i can say is, lets hope my school yanks me up ALOT in the HSC, of course, i actually intend to study for the HSC

ben

Originally posted by gonzalina
i dunno about that....hmmm..3u isnt hard, non of the maths really is, is all about the amount of work you put into your maths...i dont do ANYTHING so my school mark for the HSC is 52% which is really MY fault. i'm too damn lazy for my own good. All i can say is, lets hope my school yanks me up ALOT in the HSC, of course, i actually intend to study for the HSC
I think most subjects is time+input=mark

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by ben

I think most subjects is time+input=mark
actually time + input + talent = mark

trust me, i've seen some ppl bludge so much time and they can still kick ass...and others work their heads off 6 hours a day and still screw up a couple of exams...

ben

Originally posted by spice girl

trust me, i've seen some ppl bludge so much time and they can still kick ass...and others work their heads off 6 hours a day and still screw up a couple of exams...
yes, your right - hate those auto-smart-bludge-photo-memory people

Rogan

I do 2 unit maths and just did the catholic trails exam

HOW FUCKING HARD WAS IT

i didnt even finish even 3 hours wasnt long enough holy shit HSC cant be as hard as that ,its against the law :eek:

Rogan

Originally posted by spice girl

Thats so true i have a math tutor i go to every week my maths study notes are 30 pages long and most time i spend studying is for maths yet still fail everything i even got the merit award for maths (try hard award) and only one is issued to some 50 students yet dickheads who never study get 70% its bullshit

Morgues

most of the people who say they dont study yet get good marks are the ones who actually study the most

The only subject you might need talent in is english because a lot of it comes down to a good writing style + the ability to think on the spot but even then your writing style would improve if you read a lot and the ability to think on the spot would be easy if you know the work inside out

Most people can get reasonable marks by just cramming which to me means none of the courses are difficult as long as you do the work

thats my opinion anyway

Morgues

Originally posted by Rogan

Thats so true i have a math tutor i go to every week my maths study notes are 30 pages long and most time i spend studying is for maths yet still fail everything i even got the merit award for maths (try hard award) and only one is issued to some 50 students yet dickheads who never study get 70% its bullshit
well how do you study maths? Do you take notes or do you do questions?

Rogan

Originally posted by Morgues

well how do you study maths? Do you take notes or do you do questions?

I did 3 past catholic trial papers along with integration sheets etc

Rogan

most of the people who say they dont study yet get good marks are the ones who actually study the most

The only subject you might need talent in is english because a lot of it comes down to a good writing style + the ability to think on the spot but even then your writing style would improve if you read a lot and the ability to think on the spot would be easy if you know the work inside out

Most people can get reasonable marks by just cramming which to me means none of the courses are difficult as long as you do the work

thats my opinion anyway

yeah your probably right all the people who think there cool because they dont study but get great marks probably study more then me

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
I don't like people who do that.

The way I see it, is that these people intentionally make you feel like crap because you've studied. And you feel worse when the marks come back and you've received a lower mark.

I just don't understand people like that.

But, there could be another side to this. Some people do do their homework and actually understand it. That's the key word! 'Understanding' your own work is very important. Once you understand your work, you can still do well when you haven't studied.

Rogan

Originally posted by Angelic_Angel88

The way I see it, is that these people intentionally make you feel like crap because you've studied. And you feel worse when the marks come back and you've received a lower mark.

But, there could be another side to this. Some people do do their homework and actually understand it. That's the key word! 'Understanding' your own work is very important. Once you understand your work, you can still do well when you haven't studied.

Dont worrie while we are earning heeps of money being corporate executives or scientists or whatever they will be saying "do you want fries with that"

:D

Morgues

Originally posted by Angelic_Angel88

Doing your home work is studying. If you do all home work throughout the easier you wouldnt really need to study.......just light revision
I am talking about the people who say their totally screwed before an exam and act like they wont get anywhere near 50% yet when the results come back.......all of a sudden they get 95%, pathetic lol

gonzalina

yep, its all about the amount of work you can be bothered to put in! i dont do ANYTHING, and i mean that, i just do stuff in class and thats about it. so here i am bearly passing 2u, and my friend who i always did about the same as in the junior school, perhaps a little bit better, is getting like 90%. i mean, i got 97 in the school cert for maths, but old habbits die hard, and since i've NEVER studied, i do pretty crappy these days!

Rogan

Originally posted by gonzalina
yep, its all about the amount of work you can be bothered to put in! i dont do ANYTHING, and i mean that, i just do stuff in class and thats about it. so here i am bearly passing 2u, and my friend who i always did about the same as in the junior school, perhaps a little bit better, is getting like 90%. i mean, i got 97 in the school cert for maths, but old habbits die hard, and since i've NEVER studied, i do pretty crappy these days!

your doin better then me i havnt even passed a maths test yet but i do try hard seriously i just kep fukin up i dont get if you study you get better right well not for me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)