Marking Schemes (1 Viewer)

pete_gasparino

Hi,

I was thinking about this after the exams, and it's applicable to Paper 1: Area of Study, and Paper 2: Modules, so I figured I'd post it up and ask.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the marking schemes that the markers will use on the papers? By 'marking schemes' I mean how they will attribute certain marks to certain sections - I'm sure it couldn't just be random, there'd be a guidline, general or specific, that they'd need to use, right, in order to mark the papers?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, firstly out of interest and second in an attempt to maybe calculate roughly how well I might have gone in both papers.

Say for example you wrote an essay on Looking For Alibrandi, in the essay part of the Area of Study paper. You used LFA, Sky High, and two other texts, for example. Now, how would they mark this essay? Would they split it up into four parts and say, make it out of (example) ten marks for the Alibrandi section, ten for Sky High, and five each for the two supplementary? Or something like that? As in, attribute an amount of marks that each 'section' in the essay itself is worth, then work out how well each section answers the question, what language is used, quotes, if the argument is strong, how the argument is conveyed, etc.

This is how I figured they'd mark it, but it's just a guess and not based on anything concrete. If anyone knows how they mark the papers, which parts (in an essay, that is, I'm not really talking about the comprehension part here) are worth what marks, what marks the supplementary texts are worth as opposed to the prescribed, what one needs to achieve to get a certain mark, etc., then it'd be great if you might post it up here.

Cheers

pete_gasparino

Yeah good idea I didn't really think of that....won't have much contact with teachers from now on though, I was just thinking mayeb other people who post here had been tld from teachers or knew otherwise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)