Malaria resistance in terms of natural selection !!! (1 Viewer)

BONES306

HSC
hi guys, i am doing a bio assessment and i was wondering if u guys could point me in the right direction in terms of book/websites that i could find out about natural selection in malaria resistance to current forms of treatment?? the help would be great!!! :)

mariannebags

HSC
N/A
just to get you started, they might expect you to know that the heterozygous form of sinkle cell anemia, in africa, is resistance to malaria. Also, a lot of poeple don't realise that beta thalassemia , in the mediterrean work the same way. both these disease are a mutation that if you are a heterozygous carrier your blood or body is slightly different to normal so you are less likely to get malaria than those who dont carry. as a result, the number of carriers increased as malaria killed off thse who didnt carry this gene, so now sometime babies inherit the gene from both parents, which give them the full blown disease- a very bad blood disease- but of course their parents and grandparents had been selected by natural selection due to the gene- look it up.

JoanneGross

HSC
N/A
As a biology student you got a nice topic for writing the essay. Hereditary imperviousness to intestinal sickness happens through both alterations of the insusceptible framework that upgrade invulnerability to this spoiling and additionally by progressions in human red platelets that prevent the jungle fever parasite's capacity to attack and recreate inside these cells. Have imperviousness to jungle fever hence includes not just platelet genes, for example anomalous, Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase inadequacy, and Duffy antigens, which furnish natural safety, additionally genes included in resistance, for example the major histocompatibility complex genes, which direct adjustable safe reactions.
i am also in a confusion with the health and medicine essay since i am also a biology student. So if you have an idea about my essay, please give em some points for me

N

Nicoleunger

As a biology student you got a nice topic and then you can make it as a successful and also it will leads to get a good result like good marks and so yo have to prepare the essay like this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)