Majors in B Com/Arts (1 Viewer)

lilainjel

Rambler
HSC
UNSW Handbook Program - Commerce/Arts - 3525

If possible, could someone please clarify whether it's possible to double major for BOTH arts and commerce at the same time? Such as majoring in finance, business law, chinese studies and japanese studies? It seems it's possible but then again, haven't come across anyone mentioning such a combination...is the workload too much?

Thanks in advance =)

LordPc

HSC
yea that sounds very ambitious

the total UoC and i got 252, whereas the program requires only 240. so you would need to fit in an extra 2 courses somewhere. so yea it sounds possible

Lavenderpup

HSC
You can in the 2007 program, and the workload is fine, it's just the allocation of subjects over 5 years. But they changed the Arts and Commerce degrees in 2010 so you have more required subjects to do [such as a useless MMGT course] so you might not be able to. You definitely can with arts, and that said, if its not an accounting major which requires using up all your electives, it's probably possible to double major in commerce too.

muzeikchun852

HSC

If possible, could someone please clarify whether it's possible to double major for BOTH arts and commerce at the same time? Such as majoring in finance, business law, chinese studies and japanese studies? It seems it's possible but then again, haven't come across anyone mentioning such a combination...is the workload too much?

Thanks in advance =)
YES U CAN! my cousin whos doing the same bcommerce/bart at unsw. shes doing accounting, finance, japanese studies as well as chinese studies. so u can do it.

Lydia_88

HSC

Thanks in advance =)
yes its possible! meaning that you picked the four majors, you are able to focus on those core subjects required for those major, if you know what i mean...

i did japanese studies back when i did my double degree...

shinsou

HSC
N/A
Just wondering..
Where can I get a list of capstone courses for Japanese studies?

Also are these the only contextual studies courses available?

Japanese Contextual Studies Courses
-ARTS2632 Contemporary Japan (6 UOC)
-ARTS2633 A Cultural Survey of Japan (6 UOC)

Last edited:

Lydia_88

HSC
Just wondering..
Where can I get a list of capstone courses for Japanese studies?

Also are these the only contextual studies courses available?

Japanese Contextual Studies Courses
-ARTS2632 Contemporary Japan (6 UOC)
-ARTS2633 A Cultural Survey of Japan (6 UOC)
you can refer to the handbook UNSW 2010. By the looks of it, yes those are the only contextual courses offered.

In order to enroll in those courses, you must have at least 30uoc lvl 1 AND one of Introductory Japanese A, Intermediate Japanese A and Advanced Japanese A completed.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
and there's not difference in terms of workload in regards to how many majors you do - because overall everyone needs to finish their degree by meeting a minimum of UOC, the only difference is that you are choosing subjects to do that are within the same topic - ie accounting, as opposed to doing subjects from every different topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)