Major Work (1 Viewer)

debugz

HSC
if anyone does any digital art for VA, keep me updated..

stressed02

digital media

hey
i am doing digital media for my major work. it's pretty hard, how is yours going? good luck with it

airhead

my dickhead teacher

:( for my major work iam doing a painting which is good, im really stressed about theory though what have you done? Our dickhead art teacher has bailed on us because she's stressed(she's stressed) and weve had a total of one theory lessen all year im first in my class and seriously stressing.:confused:

stressed02

hey,
we have done 5 case studies so far - i don't really know what to learn first, its pretty hard. that's really bad that they haven't taught you anything - can't you complain or something? good luck

Y

yeh

i wasn't happy with how my teacher was covering the course so i dropped it!

HSC
The theory isn't giving me much trouble, but for some reason the practical is really screwing me over. I've got the artist equivalent of writer's block and I have no idea where my artwork is going...

See the other thread in this forum.

Also to the guys doing digital art, are you self taught in using graphics programs (eg. photoshop) or did you get lessons etc.? Is it better to be self-taught or getting lessons? or should I do both?

Cos I know most of the basic functions and techniques in photoshop, but I want to expand my skills, because I'm thinking about doing a graphic design (or similar) course in uni.

stressed02

hey,
i know what you mean about 'writer's block' in art....i have had my fair share of those problems! finally though, its now getting under way, and i actually know exactly what i'm doing...prob. just finding the time to finish it is the worst part now. it takes a long time hey? so how is yours going? i am practically self-taught in photoshop, but i have digital imaging class once a week, but in that class i just do my own work anyway... getting lessons would only really help you to learn the basics...like what the tools are,but obviously you know that already, so you just have to practice really...

i also want to do graphic design at uni, but i think i will probably end up doing design (in general) and then switch to digital media or something like that, maybe even fashion, i'm not sure yet. i have always wanted to do graphic, but it didn't help to read that about how bad graphic design is! oh well, i guess you have to hear it from others as well. good luck with your art.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
im sort of using digital media for mine, like not that exciting/special. ive just taken some digital images and SFX'd a few of them using basic filters, scanned a few pho'to's and thats it. i also want to do design next year, cept theatre/film design at nida. except apparently itsl ike shit hard to get in so yeh.

as for art theory, our teacher is like totally organised so we've done 1 huge case study which she says can be broken down into 2 or 3 and a couple of little ones. but like for my trials (in two weeks or so) im only studying the one case study, cos the BOS doesn't know what case study each school studies so they can't really ask direct questions, only vague general ones.

anyway good luck allaya's with your major works, personally im pissing my pants cos we've got so little time.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
digital media/mjr wrk...

I'm doing some digital stuff as part of my mjr work... in adobe illustrator mainly a mock up/parody airplane safey 'misinformation card' (in a multiple run of 20-50ish) , and 6 related large-format (A2) posters.

they're more or less finished now (i still have some printing, laminating and general presentation to do), but as it was going on earlier learning illustator from brain/books/web was pretty tricky seeing as i hadn't used it anymore. still a very tricky app to use.

theory seems ok too, but it's a bit full on with mega essays, case studies, and such...

i'm also after a job/uni degree/whatever in graphic design... seems some strage thread running thru all the digital art ppl
http://www.thedesignersrepublic.com = good.

good luck to everyone with major works, trials, and so on...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)