major work themes (1 Viewer)

bubbi

what are some interesting themes we could do in art for our major works. lets brainstorm!!

i know theres are tonnes but im sick of that usual crap like 'my identity' or 'school', im making a wearable/costume so i need something that applies.

stressed02

hmmm just a tip/question ... but shouldn't you decide on your concept FIRST, then decide on which media (eg. costume design) you are going to use to portray that concept?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i agree with stressed.

but concerning themes:

pick something that interests you (perhaps relating to a favourite activity, period of art history, or whatever), something that will get you through the year, but is also original. I changed ideas twice before settling on something (I did art for my '02 HSC): and I think you'll find (as I did) that your idea may grow and mutate into new forms and/or related concepts.

I dunno much about wearables/costume, but i'll try to think o something:

- the shallow nature of modern popular fashion
- sweatshops & peiceworkers
- the significance of labels and branding in clothing (how it increases the price without actually increasing the value)

err, that's all for now... good luck... keep us updated...

bubbi

hmm i suppose your true
but i know i definately wanna make a wearable caussssse i have interest in that area and know i will do heaps better with that than a painting or sumthing...
so dats the main reason for choosing medium before theme...

but thanx for the tip anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)