Major T&D project- Help! i need ideas!! (1 Viewer)

jen :)

ahhh! i'm doing textiles 4 yr12 next term, but i have no idea what focus area i want to go into.

What was your project/focus area n did u do well in the HSC?

It'd be great if u could help me out

mary^^

HSC
N/A
i need ideas as well~

yeh im gonna do textiles for next yr too and our teacher suggested that we should by the end of next term know what we're gonna make...
yikes i need some good /creative ideas too. I'm thinking of doing hmm..maybe...either textiles art or apparel. I think haute couture is interesting but gotta has to be really creative.
NAtstar-don;t realli understand the nappy bit but sounds very interesting. i'd love to see how it came out^ ^

Kulazzi

HSC
same, I'm starting major work for next term as well. I was considering doing a wedding dress from my culture, which looks something like this:

damn: I can't attach it cos there's something stuffed :eek:

anyways, I was thinking of doing an Indian wedding dress (which is lavishly desgined) and make a matching handbag with it (since I already did it for my prelim assessment) :)

other than that, I have no other back-ups :D

edit edit: here's the pic. but I don't think I would put that many designs/sequins on it cos I don't think I'll get enough time.....just simple sequins on it

Last edited:

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
l haven't got mine back yet, its being marked at the moment. l did a christening gown, coat and bonnet with hand embroidery. do something your interested in, you can do something simple like natstar did with the wall hanging idea but then change it ans do lots of creative techniques like she did, ask your teacher bout ideas and what she/he thinks u are capable of

HSC
N/A
Creative is good, but they LOVE anything that's innovative. If you really want marks, do something that's never been done before - eg stay away from things like "normal" formal dresses. On the other hand, if you don't want to cause yourself too much headache doing something out of your comfort range, go for creative - and stick to your strengths!

Best wishes!

libgem

my teacher was out at marking this week and said there were so many 50s and they deserved 150 because the standard was so high!
thats a bit depressing actually, because mine would be crappy in comparison

mandles

I've just done my textiles project and the best advice i think i could give is do something small, but add/change something about it that gives it the 'wow' factor.
eg. i did a set of 3 cushions with a 3D rainforest scene on the front of each. I chose cushions, something i found easy to make, and then added the wow factor through the design. And i just found out that it has been selected into the Textile exhibition.woohooo!!
so don't try and do something that u feel is too difficult or too big. and whatever you do don't do a formal dress or wedding dress... be creative and do something unusual!! GOOD LUCK!!

Kulazzi

HSC
How did you do the 3D design though? Like you added extra stuff on the surface. Congrats for getting it submitted in the exhibition :D

lil_lainy

HSC
hey u no how heaps of u keep mentioning that u got into the textsyle exibit, kinda freaking me out btw...but was that last yr or this yr, cause if this yr have u got them back?

Rachel - nicole

12 Textiles

if you wanna impress your markers with your major work, it's a really good idea to use as much modern technology as possible. ie; i made a patchwork quilt which had photographs of my family & friends on it, i used digital technology to apply the photos straight onto the fabric without using heat transfer and therefore avoiding that rubbery film on the fabric... it's also a really good idea to use CAD for your design section of your portfolio if you can get ur hands on the software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)