Louis pasteur & robert Koch!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

~Loz~

HSC
When talking about Louis Pasteur & his contribution to our understanding of infectious diseases basically what he did was discover tht infectious diseases were caused by microorganisms & established tht living things could not generate spontaneously from non living material which established a clear link between microbes & infectious disease???right????Do i also have to include in my notes his work on anthrax & vaccination & his work on fermentation or can i just include the experiment tht disproved the theory of spontaneous generation???

Robert koch and his contribution is tht he demonstrated the pathogens responsible for anthrax & tuberculosis & then he devised a set of rules tht would prove tht a specific microorganism caused a particular disease=Kochs potulates???right???

would i have to include anything else apart from what i have for this dotpoint
ur help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

dolbinau

HSC
I would talk about Louis Pasteur's contribution with Anthrax (inoculating etc..) as well as his contribution to discovering that all microbes came from other microbes.

For Koch, his postulates are the most important thing which were proved using the experiments. Try and actually memorise these.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Pastuer:

-disproved theory of spontaneous generation
-showed that micro-organisms come from pre-existing microorganisms
-determined cause of rabies, chlorea & arthnax
-led to new branches of science & medicine. (like immunology, molecular biology)

Koch
-conducted experiments to link a specfific bacteria with a specific disease
-established koch's postulates

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
Didnt Koch also isolate the Anthrax bacteria, which Pasteur used to form a vaccine?

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
lol i dunno :S but what we've got in total in the above posts should be sufficient for the q's they'll throw at us :p

dolbinau

HSC
Darrow said:
Didnt Koch also isolate the Anthrax bacteria, which Pasteur used to form a vaccine?
I don't think so. On wikipedia it says "pasteur used the method of rival Jean-Joseph-Henri Toussaint, a Toulouse veterinary surgeon, to create the anthrax vaccine."

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
No idea, I was thinking of Edward Jenner for some reason. I just remember Edward Jenner and Pasteur being taught at the same time in Bio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)