LOTR Gandalf Vs Sauruman (1 Viewer)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
At one store, they have the two towers with a groovy looking gollum figurine in a box for, i think, 100$ which looks awesome.

Thats the Extended Collectors edition or some shit, it has the extended cut plus the figurine. I guess it's sold at all stores which sell boxsets. I got mine off http://www.dstore.com.au

Farnarcle

You didn't miss much. Gandalf gets his hand cut off and finds out that Saruman is his father.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol i watched that today

and then saruman yelled "NOOOOOOOOOO ITS NOT POSSIBLE"

"you know it to be true, search your feelings"

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i guess this is further from my original thread topic, but...its LOTR related

does anyone know the correct rules of pronouncing the letters with the dots and strokes on top of them? Up until now, i've just been guessing how to pronounce them in the book, but what are the correct rules, im curious? I don't think the font lets me do it, but i am sure most have seen what i am talking about....

e.g. e with a ` mark on top.
or. e with a . mark on top.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
didnt ur copy of the book contain the section on languages and pronounciation??

its kinda spooky the amount of time he must have to devouted to making the languages

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well he was a language professor.

cyan: It has a pronounciation guide in the silmarillion if I remember correctly.

I dont know what a . is, but ` if it is like chinese is an e sound starting high and going down low.

v sia

HSC
SO FUCKEN WHAT IF THEY DIDNT MAKE THE MOVIE LIKE THE BOOK !!!!!

If they made the movie 100 % like the book , man it'd be sooo damn boring , tons of dancing , lots of singing , boring poetry , pro - longed conversations and a ton of travelling.

Also it has naked scenes which i doubt would look good .

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
v sia said:
SO FUCKEN WHAT IF THEY DIDNT MAKE THE MOVIE LIKE THE BOOK !!!!!.
Fire up. I don't think anyone was criticising that the books and movies are different.....just discussing the difference. Can't we do that?

v sia said:
Also it has naked scenes which i doubt would look good
I dont remember any nude scenes in the book......the whole Arwen/Aragorn thing isn't even in the main text of the books and there was no real love scenes.......I dont kno what else you might be talking abt

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
v sia said:
SO FUCKEN WHAT IF THEY DIDNT MAKE THE MOVIE LIKE THE BOOK !!!!!

If they made the movie 100 % like the book , man it'd be sooo damn boring , tons of dancing , lots of singing , boring poetry , pro - longed conversations and a ton of travelling.

Also it has naked scenes which i doubt would look good .

Gahh!!! Calm down V, i'm the one that usually gets fired up when people complain about the differences! yeah, i know, anyone who expects it to be the same are always going to be disappointed, but i loved the movie trilogy as an interpretation of the book, and i'm not disappointed one bit, and yeah, i don't think anyone here has complained yet, so..yeah... its all groooovy...

Yeah, i think Tolkien was a linguistic kind of guy (philologist??? i think its called) and his interest was on language. the impression i got, he was originally concerned with myth-like stories and that was the basis for middle-earth, so aetiologies and shit was his forte.

Yeah i saw the 'Note on pronounciation' and it only talks about the letters with a slash on the top, not the dots and stuff? maybe i havent looked properly. i have the 'Harper collins' one (black cover, with a little jewel circle in the front,) so if anyone else has that version and finds the meaning of dots, double-dots, lines etc, then please give me the page number.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah i dont think the content is any different from different prints or copies of the book??

i have the soft cover book that has all three books and a greenish cover with what i assume is gandalf on the cover

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
ah i dont think the content is any different from different prints or copies of the book??

i have the soft cover book that has all three books and a greenish cover with what i assume is gandalf on the cover

The appendicies should all be the same not matter which edition, because Tolkien included them in the original

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
who did you sell the dvds to?? and how much did u get?
Advertised it on BOS for a while in ma sig, then sum1 ended up buying it for 20 bucks...
Which was pretty cool since I bought it for around 30...

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
if i came in would you give it to me for free? my friend tristan used to give me free hires and wipe my fines and give me free mars bars and cokes too. however he was fired for stealing from the till

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)