Loop of Henle (1 Viewer)

untamedanimal

Can someone please tell me what the functioning of the Loop of Henle is. I sort of get it but i need abit of help on it

jesshika

supreme being
hmmm i know for a fact that the longer the loop of henle, the more nutrients from the filtrate that will be reabsorbed back into the blood stream in respective to a shorter loop of henle.
And also the descending part of the loop is only permeable to water and the asscending limb is permeable to salt~~

>.<" am i right ??

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
it allows more water to be abosorbed over the greater surface area :) theres also an explanation of to why it goes down then up again. i think its something to do with the pressure and thus active/passive transport. i'm not sure about the permeable to salt, but it something along those lines...

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Originally posted by jesshika
hmmm i know for a fact that the longer the loop of henle, the more nutrients from the filtrate that will be reabsorbed back into the blood stream in respective to a shorter loop of henle.
And also the descending part of the loop is only permeable to water and the asscending limb is permeable to salt~~

>.<" am i right ??
yea.. ur rite... the whole larger loop of henle thing is pretty obvious though, cause its got a larger SA...
but the whole permeable to salt and water thing IS right..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)