looking for alibrandi (1 Viewer)

$bags$

HSC
would appreciate if anybody could hook me up or give guidance on inner journey's expericenced by main characters in LOOKING FOR ALIBRANDI.
cheers guys- proper bo i tell thee. M........

doradiamond

HSC
interesting text to choose for inner journeys. but let's see... the logical way to go about this would be to list the main characters then detail their journeys no?

so we have

Josie Alibrandi
John Barton
Jacob Coote

the first being of course the meatiest and most dense...
quote of note: the 17 janice ian sings about... mentioned both at the start and end of the novel creates quite a nice little structure and allows the reader to reflect upon the journey of the protagonist as a whole (wow such bullshit!).
we could talk firstly about
her educational journey although that is quite limited,
refer then to her sexual journey re: jacob coote,
social journey re: realising she is not as big a loser as she thinks she is,
genealogical journey: realising her family history and the impact this has
emotional journey: the advent of john's death and the effect this has on her

so we have quite a meaty inner journey regarding josie. moving onto john it's a lot briefer considering the only substantial quote and evidence of his journey would be his poem although this could be analysed quite heavily and is what i recommend... speak of course about the death but avoid being too heavy handed and cliched.

jacod coote: quote of note "i've learnt to be more ambitious" or something along those lines when he breaks up with her" you can talk about that as an obvious inner/behavioural change.

any more probs just email!

arabtalian

HSC
do you know how looking for alibrandi

relates to the novel, the story of tom brennan

and how they both relate to the topic

'into the world'

thanks
:)
this would such a great help

Sadiah

HSC
do you know how looking for alibrandi

relates to the novel, the story of tom brennan

and how they both relate to the topic

'into the world'

thanks
:)
this would such a great help
I've read both books.

Can't remember precisely what happens in LFA (coz I read that agesss ago!), but anyway, here goes:

The protagonists in LFA and in S.TB both experience going 'into the world'. They grow up as individuals, and get through with their teenage years. They realise that life has ups and downs. Josie experiences the death of a friend, the discovery of family secrets, the importance of self-respect and self-esteem, the social classes in society, etc.

Tom experiences the death of two school friends (Luke and Nicole), his brother, Daniel, going to prison ... his cousin, Fin, transforming into a quadriplegic .. he experiences what it feels like to transform from a well-known family to a well-hated family just coz of his brother's carelessness.

Hence, if you go into depth (I mean, you've probably have read the books more recently), you will realise what Josie goes through and what Tom goes through when growing up and turning into young adults.

Moreover, by the conclusion of both the novels, Josie learns that it is important to respect yourself first in order to even expect others to respect you and she realises that she's not the only person in the world who has the biggest problems - like there are people around her who have far worse problems than her.

Tom, on the other hand, learns to fit in Coghill, and learns to forget Mumbilli (his hometown) ... he also learns to forgive his brother, Daniel, etc.

Elaborate, insert evidence (quotes, etc) and that's it.

Hope that helps =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)