literary techniques for a film ?? :/ (1 Viewer)

johnny1996

HSC
hey guys so i bought this Julius Caesar essay off a guy to use as reference wen i noticed he analysed a related text (documentary: Gandhi) with literary techniques such as anaphora,repetition,etc. Can this be done or does a film need to be analysed with film techniques? im really confused and wondering whether i should disregard the essay..... help !

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends how they being used. In a general sense, as long as they are being applied correctly, then they are fine to use.

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
does a film need to be analysed with film techniques? !
Techniques such as anaphora or epistrophe were originally applied to poetry and only later got appropriated into the analysis of prose. Now, dialogue is a legitimate part of a film and should be analysed as such. But it is just that, only a part, and this should be considered. I would stray away from my entire essay being application of poetic techniques to prose where the prose is only a portion of what should be analysed.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I would always have at least some film techniques when analysing a film e.g. camera angle/shot, lighting, costuming, mise en scene, etc. But yes literary techniques can still be used if applied correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)