Life and Crimes of Harry Lavender Essay (1 Viewer)

NewieGirl91

HSC
Got to do this essay next week and I'm really stuck, could use some help please. Question is "Every voice is different and every voice reveals to us a particular view of the world"
How true is this statement?
In ur response u should refer to your prescribed text (The Life And Crimes Of Harry Lavender) and 2 other related texts of ur own choosing

I'm not sure what they mean by 'views of the world'. What kinda of world are we shown through Claudia and what kinda of world does Harry show us???? Please help me and what texts would be good to do as related material?

luigilou

HSC
Got to do this essay next week and I'm really stuck, could use some help please. Question is "Every voice is different and every voice reveals to us a particular view of the world"
How true is this statement?
In ur response u should refer to your prescribed text (The Life And Crimes Of Harry Lavender) and 2 other related texts of ur own choosing

I'm not sure what they mean by 'views of the world'. What kinda of world are we shown through Claudia and what kinda of world does Harry show us???? Please help me and what texts would be good to do as related material?

OKay so, in the book the main voices are, Claudia, Harry, Sally, Sydney plus the other small characters - (otto, Mr. n Ms. Levack etc).
Each one of these people view the world in a different perspective. Claudia gives the evil corrupt side of sydney, whilst lavender opposes a different view. Umm if u search google, there are some good notes u can find. Sorry i cant be of more help, havent done to much on the book myself.
Some related materials might include, Kevin Rudds Sorry speech, martin luther king's speech, owen wilfred poetry, if u know of any lyrics, (some strong artist to check out include, tim mcgraw, reba mcentire, or any war songs).
hope this helps. Good Luck

NewieGirl91

HSC
:) thanks, I understand it a bit better now but what kind of voice does Harry have, i know it is a little arrogant but thats really all i have?? And how does he view Sydney, I know he personifies it but what else???

Lilyyyy

HSC
N/A
Harry compares Sydney to a computer and emphasises himself as the motherboard.. This represents that he has control over Sydney
“It is a circuit board” “my address in the city is a bee hive” “from the central processing unit I see my empire” “the image of the electronic future”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)