Law Courses: (1 Viewer)

KhanS

HSC
Hi all,

Does anyone recommend commerce/law at Notre Dame?
How does it compare to other university's like WSU?

Cheers,

sheppy123

HSC
Don’t waste your time and money by getting a law degree from Notre Dame or WSU. I know a law degree sounds cool, but being unemployed and not being able to pay your HECS debt isn’t. Please, if you end up actually doing law at WSU or Notre dame, try your ABSOLUTE HARDEST to transfer to UNSW, USYD, or even Macquarie and UTS. If you end up not getting into any of those institutions, just drop the law part of your degree and just keep commerce, try to transfer somewhere else with just commerce.

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
law degrees are an actual joke at the moment. before everyone comes at me, heres the stats: every year in Australia, just over 17 000 law students graduate uni (and expected to increase) over the next 5 years, Australia is expecting 13 000 new jobs to open up for lawyers. If the increase in lawyers keeps happening at this rate, by 2060 there will be 1 lawyer for every non-lawyer in australia. yep.
i know law sounds cool, but every uni except melbourne and sydney just use law to make stacks of money (its a cheap course to run, and every half smart person can get in and does it because they think its going to be like suits). Law is not what it used to be (excluding usyd and melbourne and possibly unsw)
Oh also, pay will decrease because there is such an increase in supply. Law is no longer competitive at most unis, is the reality.

sheppy123

HSC
law degrees are an actual joke at the moment. before everyone comes at me, heres the stats: every year in Australia, just over 17 000 law students graduate uni (and expected to increase) over the next 5 years, Australia is expecting 13 000 new jobs to open up for lawyers. If the increase in lawyers keeps happening at this rate, by 2060 there will be 1 lawyer for every non-lawyer in australia. yep.
i know law sounds cool, but every uni except melbourne and sydney just use law to make stacks of money (its a cheap course to run, and every half smart person can get in and does it because they think its going to be like suits). Law is not what it used to be (excluding usyd and melbourne and possibly unsw)
Oh also, pay will decrease because there is such an increase in supply. Law is no longer competitive at most unis, is the reality.
+ automation is gonna make it even harder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)