• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Law and justice question..Please help (1 Viewer)

SolSaithis

HSC
Hi
I've had some trouble understanding this question:
Explain the meaning of justice within the complexity of contemporary industrialised Australian society and discuss the appropriateness of customary law to resolve conflict within this context.
I really need help with this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Dark Phoenix

HSC
firstly you should break down the question

1st Q:

when you are talking about justice there are 5 main components that you have to talk about concerning the law. you have to talk about societys access to the law, the issue of equity (reduce the harshness of common law decisions - appeals), the issue of fairness, equality and human rights.

when the question says contemprary it means something that is 'current', something that is of todays issue. so u hav to talk about justice in terms of todays industrialised society

2 Q:

now you have to talk about customary law. when you think about customary law, 2 things must come into mind. it is either talking about Aboriginal people or 'long standing law' (things that has been accepted for a long period of time like etiquette or something). in this case i think it is about long standing law. you could also say that customary law forms the basis of morals and ethics within society

now when it says discuss, you have to give arguments for and against. u hav to answer 'why customary law is appropriate to resolve conflict?' & 'why customary law isnt appropriate to resolve conflict?'

when it says in this context, of course you are talking about 'contemporary industrailised Australian society'

so u hav to provide for and against arguments on the 'effectiveness' of customary law on resolving conflict

hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)