Latin (1 Viewer)

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
I found it quite difficult and, overall, not worth missing the melbourne cup for...

Melkor

It wasnt really that bad. I think i forgot to elide a vowel in a line of my scansion, but overall nothing im stressing about. I even got to mention prosopopoiia :)

Though I still cant figure out though why we had to put 1 and 3 in the same booklet, but 4 and 6 in seperate ones.

laney

HSC
Melkor said:
I even got to mention prosopopoiia :)
hehe, even though you spelt it wrong ;)

finishing the latin exam must be a relief though, cause they're always tough to study for. well done dudes :)

Melkor

yeah, I was worried about the english spelling since I had taken it directly from some greek footnote in Austin, so I ended up just leaving it in the greek when I wrote it in my answer

laney

HSC
hey when's the extension exam?
when i did i thought it was easier than the continuers, but having said that, study hard!! good luck

Fido

Melkor said:
It wasnt really that bad. I think i forgot to elide a vowel in a line of my scansion, but overall nothing im stressing about. I even got to mention prosopopoiia :)

Though I still cant figure out though why we had to put 1 and 3 in the same booklet, but 4 and 6 in seperate ones.
uum, you didn't have to put 4 and 6 in seperate booklets. it just means a writing booklet separate to the one you used for questions 1 and 3. Lol i nearly died when i read that...

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Hmm... I definitely thought 4 & 6 had to be in separate booklets. That's what our class all did.

I looked at it again and it's confusing... it won't matter though.

melon

Melkor said:

holy fuck i nearly died when i read that....omg haha

yeah, i thought it wasnt too bad..except for the cicero grammar.that was way dodgy...i think i got about 3 for that one...

oh & i completely agree with greeninsanity - about the melblourne cup - i mean the whole bloody country comes to a standstill, except for the poor 150 or so latin students - i mean, come on!! whats with that??

zhongie

HSC
I thought the question about 'adulter, impudicus, sequester' was a bit random...

...and I didn't get the whole booklet thing either. To be safe, i wrote everything in different booklets.

andy100

HSC
I thought it was a good paper, unseens were very user-friendly, comment questions were fine, though i know a few people tripped up on the question about Clodius' character (they misread and wrote about Clodia).
But otherwise very straightforward paper.

sax_player

It was ok, problem was I didn't time myself. Having done Biology the day before where you have about 1 & 1/2 hours more than you need, and only one person at our school stayed till the end of the exam, I forgot how much more work Latin is. I thought the grammar was really easy, and that is usually my worst bit but my teacher went through it with us when we came out and I got most of them right. I did pretty badly in the Unseens, and the 8 mark question on Cicero's rhetorical devices I ran out of time and ended up writing half a page. All in all I thought it was an ok paper, I just wasn't prepared enough.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
saxplayer said:
I thought the grammar was really easy, and that is usually my worst bit but my teacher went through it with us when we came out and I got most of them right.
ah! I thought the grammar was so hard. :(

feel like posting the answers?

schmackers

HSC
N/A
andy100 said:
i know a few people tripped up on the question about Clodius' character (they misread and wrote about Clodia).
But otherwise very straightforward paper.
Hah... i did the same thing...but i was lucky cos i realised it just as i was writing my conclusion. Rewrote the whole thing and it stuffed up my timing a bit but it was okay.

Grammar was ok I think, except for one or two here and there... i actually went through that same cicero passage with a friend the night before the exam. Don't know if it actually helped though cos we had agreed on something that wasn't even an option in the choices we got given :S Hmm...

btw, did anyone else find it weird that they didn't ask for many of the focus areas? just off the top of my head.. there was nothing to do with dido's portrayal as a tragic figure, cicero's appeal to shared understanding of roman values or furor and pietas....

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
schmackers said:
there was nothing to do with dido's portrayal as a tragic figure, cicero's appeal to shared understanding of roman values or furor and pietas....
I thought they didn't ask them directly but the question about Dido's state of mind was kind of about her portrayal as a tragic figure and the one that said 'Why would these accusations be made in a Roman court?' was about Roman values and traditions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)