Lacking Motivation (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
lol, lacking motivation at this stage is okay! It's only the start of year 12. :) You'll get it back soon enough.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I didn't even feel the 'stress' of the HSC until end of term 2 this year. Keep up with the class, do your best in assessments and you'll be fine! :)

Just make sure you have some motivation before and during your actual HSC exams - it will help. :uhhuh::D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Slatteryexpress said:
hmm now time to find some. A goal of a UAI? what should i use?
You should decide on a goal yourself.

It depends on how far you want to go. Decide on what you're interested in, look at a few courses that unis (if that's where you want to go) offer and aim for the uais that you'll need to get in. If it's 85 - aim for 85 :)

xsjado

HSC
Im the exact opposite.
I'm suddenly motivated to study.
wierd.
i dunno what sparked it either...

i have no UAI aim and no course i have set myself to get in.

probs coz it's year 12 and I've realized that everything I do now will have a direct contribution to getting into uni.

I say just give it time.. unless you really can't pull yourself together to do any study at all (me in year 11)...

...in that case i guess you should think about what you want from year 12.

HSC
tanjin said:
look at a few courses that unis (if that's where you want to go) offer and aim for the uais that you'll need to get in. If it's 85 - aim for 85 :)
So many people have given me that advice. My only problem is is that my desired course has a TER cutoff of 62, with the last in rank between 65-68 over the past eight years. This really doesn't give me much to aim for in terms of TER, (or UAI for the rest of you). So I guess I need to find something else to motivate me.:confused:

On the other hand, the situation could be worse. My desired course could need a ridiculously high rank, oh how I feel for all of those people.

Foxodi

HSC
Hah xsjado Im in the exact same position with the exception of the UAI aim.
After threatening myself with suicide (dont worry, im not the suicidial type..) I think I finally was able to understand the importance of willpower - beating procrastination and exploiting your potential. And after being able to do 0 study in year 11 (besides the night before... and after half the exams I even slacked off with that) ive done about 4 hours study/hw a night the past week :)

My advice for motivation:
1. If you cant get yourself to study for your most important school year then how do you expect to get yourself to do other things you want to do in your life?
2. Quit everything that ruins your afternoon (for my this was tv/computers, I only turn the computer on after dinner to check a few websites b4 writing summaries for a few subjects)
3. Realise that the next year of your life is completely full of family, sleep and study. If you think this is too extreme but you cant beat procrastination then your a fool. If you know its too extreme and can manage study and free time then I am jealous of your ability, I know If I give myself any free time I would abuse it and never go back to studying.

Last edited by a moderator:

genril

Banned
HSC
Enjoy burning yourself out Foxodi, it's only been going for a week so whatever you're doing for those 4 hours besides homework is pretty useless.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
babikakez said:
So many people have given me that advice. My only problem is is that my desired course has a TER cutoff of 62, with the last in rank between 65-68 over the past eight years. This really doesn't give me much to aim for in terms of TER, (or UAI for the rest of you). So I guess I need to find something else to motivate me.:confused:

On the other hand, the situation could be worse. My desired course could need a ridiculously high rank, oh how I feel for all of those people.
I was the same. I didn't get a lot of motivation because I only needed 66.9 to be somewhere where I will be happy.

And Cal speaks truth.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
xsjado said:
Im the exact opposite.
I'm suddenly motivated to study.
wierd.
i dunno what sparked it either...

i have no UAI aim and no course i have set myself to get in.

probs coz it's year 12 and I've realized that everything I do now will have a direct contribution to getting into uni.

I say just give it time.. unless you really can't pull yourself together to do any study at all (me in year 11)...

...in that case i guess you should think about what you want from year 12.
I am sort of the same mind as you.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
babikakez said:
One I'm hoping for has a UAI of approx 98, altohguh I don't have much chance of obtianign that so woudl have to do a 5 year double degree instead of the 4 year singel degree to get into that.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
One I'm hoping for has a UAI of approx 98, althoguh I don't have much chance of obtaining that so would have to do a 5 year double degree instead of the 4 year single degree to get into that field, as the cutoff is lower and more realistic.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hahah...

dw sometimes its better to start slow. then you wont burn out in the end.

so just keep going steady.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Don't let the past yr 12s scare you about 'burning out'. It doesn't happen to everyone as they say.

Foxodi

HSC
genril said:
Enjoy burning yourself out Foxodi, it's only been going for a week so whatever you're doing for those 4 hours besides homework is pretty useless.
Actually the reason im doing that many hours is because I'm trying to learn content / do summaries - before the half yearlys etc, knowing I would be burnt out to do summaries then, better to do it at the start of the year IMO - though I have ran into the problem of trying to summarize content I have yet to learn... so time for me to start reading :D

Also reading Cloudstreet would have contributed at least one of those hours, which turned out to be a pleasure to do rather then work.

Sonata

HSC
i still feel the same as i did in yr 11... jumped on the computer after school, bludge etc Though i do a BIT more work then did then i did before, but that BIT probably would be suffice.
ITs kinda funny how my motivation goes up insanely when im in the showers, i guess i dun have much to do while im there lol. Then it just dies away wen im off doing sumthing else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)