kurt's entrance test (1 Viewer)

hscgirl

HSC
ok, so i'm basically gonna have a rant and wanna see if anyone else agrees with me: WHY IS THE KURT ENTRANCE TEST SO IMPOSSIBLE???!! like i am good at maths, literally i topped every maths assessment in my old school and in my new school i'm confident ill get 95%+. but i took the entrance test for kurt the other day and some of the qs i swear were wayyyy too hard, complicated, and made no sense to get in an actual exam and just wayyyy to lengthy to work out - plus we didn't have a reference sheet. so, idek if i'm gonna get above 50%.
does anyone know what mark u have to get to be allowed to attend kurt (for y11)?

kkk579

hello
HSC
ok, so i'm basically gonna have a rant and wanna see if anyone else agrees with me: WHY IS THE KURT ENTRANCE TEST SO IMPOSSIBLE???!! like i am good at maths, literally i topped every maths assessment in my old school and in my new school i'm confident ill get 95%+. but i took the entrance test for kurt the other day and some of the qs i swear were wayyyy too hard, complicated, and made no sense to get in an actual exam and just wayyyy to lengthy to work out - plus we didn't have a reference sheet. so, idek if i'm gonna get above 50%.
does anyone know what mark u have to get to be allowed to attend kurt (for y11)?
Kurt is infamous for making their questions extremely hard and i’m pretty sure everyone that’s done it has said the same thing so don’t sweat it

kkk579

hello
HSC
Wtf was in it tho

s97127

HSC
do you remember any problems in the test? Not many students got above 50% in kurt's entrance test so don't feel bad. My jr friend had to do it twice to get in.

hscgirl

HSC
Wtf was in it tho
it was basically y11/y12 qs (which hasnt been taught in school yet even) but EXTREMELY hard ones which were like next level difficulty which u can't even imagine. like i swear some of those qs r too time-consuming to be in the actual hsc exam fr

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
it was basically y11/y12 qs (which hasnt been taught in school yet even) but EXTREMELY hard ones which were like next level difficulty which u can't even imagine. like i swear some of those qs r too time-consuming to be in the actual hsc exam fr
nah dude most tuition centres are like 6 yrs ahead of the school. not suprising tbh, given its kurt.

newbeat

HSC
N/A
I am posting this on behalf of my boy. He had the Kurt entrance test in 2nd week of November. He will be going to 1 of the top 3 Selective High School from next year. He found the test harder and not something he did. Apparently he did not pass the exam but he can take the test again next year in week 4/ 5. However, I heard that it will be even harder as there will be less seats available to offer. I wonder if the entrance exam was very hard, then how still many kids were able to pass the test. What is Kurt's expectations from this entrance test? For next year entrance test (he will be in term 1 Year 7), how he should prepare for the entrance test? If he is up to School syllabus, will that be sufficient to pass? Please help as he is very sad that he could not make it. I would really like to help him before next year entrance test? I am happy to share my email address and if one of you can help me with more information will be greatly appreciated.

studyeatsleep

HSC
I am posting this on behalf of my boy. He had the Kurt entrance test in 2nd week of November. He will be going to 1 of the top 3 Selective High School from next year. He found the test harder and not something he did. Apparently he did not pass the exam but he can take the test again next year in week 4/ 5. However, I heard that it will be even harder as there will be less seats available to offer. I wonder if the entrance exam was very hard, then how still many kids were able to pass the test. What is Kurt's expectations from this entrance test? For next year entrance test (he will be in term 1 Year 7), how he should prepare for the entrance test? If he is up to School syllabus, will that be sufficient to pass? Please help as he is very sad that he could not make it. I would really like to help him before next year entrance test? I am happy to share my email address and if one of you can help me with more information will be greatly appreciated.
He's in year 7 so there is plenty of time to try and get in dont worry kurt is hard
i know some people who only started going kurt in y11
I recommend just doing more questions from textbooks

newbeat

HSC
N/A
@Bored of Studies please help me with Kurt Entrance Test papers for year 8 kids. My child could not pass the last November test and need some guidance/ help please. It is very demoralising for my child. Thank you heaps. A desperate mum here asking for help from all of you.

fionastar

HSC
Hello did you eventually get into Kurt?

fionastar

HSC
Hi, is there anyone recently passed at Kurt Entrance Test, does not matter Year 7 or 8 or 9. Please reply.
I'm replying on behalf on my Yr10 son. He failed and said he might not have got 30% right. The test itself was very frustrating.
While he got 100 mark at both 5.2 and 5.3 maths term test recently, which is only a few in his school grade.
We are planning to to go to Matt Cash in term2, but Matt said their content is going to be just one term in advance.

newbeat

HSC
N/A
I'm replying on behalf on my Yr10 son. He failed and said he might not have got 30% right. The test itself was very frustrating.
While he got 100 mark at both 5.2 and 5.3 maths term test recently, which is only a few in his school grade.
We are planning to to go to Matt Cash in term2, but Matt said their content is going to be just one term in advance.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Is Matt Cash is a Math tutoring centre name? I will search and who is teaching him math currently specially from year 7 until now? Does he go anywhere for English and Science? Could you please share with me. It is okay if you want to share privately in messenger.

fionastar

HSC
Thanks for sharing your experience. Is Matt Cash is a Math tutoring centre name? I will search and who is teaching him math currently specially from year 7 until now? Does he go anywhere for English and Science? Could you please share with me. It is okay if you want to share privately in messenger.
Yes it is a tutoring centre. I found it on this forum by the students' recommendation. He went to a few in the past, some good ones include NGO and Dreamway(Burwood). Dreamway is a small tutoring center which helps to target the student's specific problem. But it is too far from us now.

We haven't started English and science tutoring yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)