King Lear (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
So what did everyone think of the King Lear question?

Personally, I was stumped by how specific the question was but as I wrote, it started getting better so I'm happy with it...

What do you guys think?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
passion89 said:
So what did everyone think of the King Lear question?

Personally, I was stumped by how specific the question was but as I wrote, it started getting better so I'm happy with it...

What do you guys think?
Paper 1 killed me so Paper 2 revived me.
Funny thing is, I studied for exactly what the question pertained :| *is scared*

ridewitme

http://bakakage.net
HSC
Probably one of the best questions we could have got, shame I spent more time looking at individual characters and set design e.g. props, lighting etc. Would have loved a bit more study + preparation time.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I thought it was great. It was really far less specific than it looked - it was looking for a lot of factors, but specified one to evaluate against the others. Even better, I knew a couple of scenes that showed how Lear's character affected my interpretation. (My interpretation being a mix of family drama and social tragedy.)

Best of the three modules, in my opinion.

Dark Phoenix

HSC
King lear question was brilliant. whoever made the question for king lear i thankyou. they finally got it right this time compared to those questions in previous years.

dongypro

HSC
u didnt have to "make" ur own production

thats good

i found it okay ^^

k8ie

HSC
i didnt really like the question! were we meant to talk about other peoples interpretations of the play - eyre and bell, etc - i did just in case but i wasnt sure because i also talked bout some of the scenes in the text...???

cjcampo

HSC
Hey did any one else misinterpret the King Lear question? I read the question as meaning characterisation of King Lear the play rather than characterisation of King Lear himself. Thankfully one of my extracts was on Lear but my other one was on the character edmund. Any one else do anything like what i did?

sam l

HSC
Yes! i totally misinterpreted the King Lear question. I only left 20 mins at the end and and then only got 3 pages out!!! that's a definite band 2. I thought it meant characterisation in the play king lear, not OF king lear. didn't find the question was worded well. Same with all of the essay questions this year for that matter, especially KL and Frontline.

kimsquared

HSC
Thought the question was too specific, as I had studied the play as a whole, focusing on all relevent readings, themes and productions.

But not too hard *remembers the "you are auditioning for regan or edmond" question*

Had to read over it like 5 times during the reading time + hate writing essays in 1st person.. ew

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I also had to read it over and over again in disbelief that they didn't ask for two readings. ( got confused with two scenes). Anyways, I only did that in about 30 minutes and this sucks.

I just took on a reading and 'pretended' it was mine.
Was this o.k?

passion89

HSC
Sparcod said:
I also had to read it over and over again in disbelief that they didn't ask for two readings. ( got confused with two scenes). Anyways, I only did that in about 30 minutes and this sucks.

I just took on a reading and 'pretended' it was mine.
Was this o.k?

My teacher always said 'when in doubt, take the best bits out of your favourite readings and pretend they are your own' as long as you never mentioned the actual reading lol

Tim035

HSC
One of the key components in the rubric above the King Lear question though was still, 'evaluates the text in a range of contexts'.
So yeah I still spent two paragraphs demonstrating "the enduring characterisation of King Lear" from the elizbethan era to brooks Nihilistic approach and Eyre's family dynamics and relationships.
Before then spending a good 6 pages talking about my responce in relation to this enduring popularity in two key scenes.

And I used MY OWN INTERPRETATION which I had thought up, planned and prepared. Not these people who annoy the hell out of me by saying "well my personal interpretation is a marxist/feminist production". Really! so when you first read King Lear you though 'well if i was going to dramatise this a marxist interpretation really suits my current contextual setting and what I believe in personally".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)