key dates (1 Viewer)

miffytoki

HSC
hi

was wondering if anyone could give me a general idea when i could expect assignments and exams from the arts faculties? when is the best time to go overseas? i'm a commerce student doing a combined degree with arts, taking only spanish. I was planning a trip overseas and am trying to schedule it into my uni dates.

thanks

s2ophie

HSC
for first year spanish you have a block of tests at mid-session and at the end of term. You will have to do a speaking exam, a written exam and possibly a listening exam. You have to do listening tasks each week in the language lab in your own time which form part of your mark. Also you can only miss 4 classes without explanation. You get favourably assessed the more you participate in class. Plus you'll have homework tasks that you have to do which are checked but not necessarily marked.

Spanish (or any language) is the sort of subject that you really don't want to miss a class because you fly through the course and learn heaps every lesson and if you have to catch up it is always harder. I'm guessing the best time to go overseas would be mid-year because the spanish course is finished before Stuvac ie there are no exams in the examination period.

hope that helps

miffytoki

HSC
thanks....i'm actually plannin a trip to spain for about 2.5 wks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)