just wondering... (1 Viewer)

lara

hey, i'm in yr 11 this yr, doing 3U and think of doing 4U next year. our teacher was talking about changing the 3U course to postmodernism, and i was just wondering if anyone does it, and could tell me a bit about it??? I heard that it's really hard... why is this so???
i pretty much just ant to know what u do in the course, and what sort of things you study.
thanx heaps.:cool:

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
Hello

Hey lara,

well i did postmodernism AND 4 unit this year, so think yourself lucky that i'm here!! (hehehehehehehe just kidding)

anyways postmodernism is a really good unit. It's interesting and fun at the same time! yoou'll really like it. Postmodernism claims that there are no absolute truths: just multiple perspectives. Now it might sound weird but you'll catch on very quick in the first few lessons. You'll study things like why authors give marginilised characters voices, and how creators of film have changed TRADITIONAL filmic conventions.

it's hard to explain but basically the movement changes and challenges traditional ways of doing / presenting things.

as far as difficulty, there is very little. serious!! but i spose it also depends on if you like the unit. i found the course quite simple, its only a 1 unit course so there isn't that much work. i found advanced english harder than 3 or 4 unit!!

some parts of the course are a little challenging such as the creative writing part, but it's gennerally doable.

4 unit? choose it, you'll like that course aswell. you'll need a little responsibility but it's all freedom. you can do pretty much all you want. I loved it, but it got very draining towards the end, and i found i was working my arse off the last week

anyways, i hope this helps, good luck with whatver you choose!!

Cheers

Coffee_Fan

lane

I'm not doing the postmodernist elective in 3u but it is covered in my history ext course and is mindblowing , I love the entire concept. As for 4u I loved it the fact that I had CREATIVE CARTE BLANCHE was amazing.

sif not 99

postmodernism is a disgusting ideology, anything that says that a pile of shit is as equally valid as something hanging on a wall in the Louvre is fucking stupid.

I hate postmodernism

flosh's gurl

lara, i did 3 and 4 unit with coffee fan, and i have to agree with him. post modernism is pretty good. some aspects of the course are hard. you actually dont need to know that much detail on actual postmodernism, only really for the creative question when you have to create something which displya post modernism, thats really the hardest thing. its just so broad for a one unit subject. the course really should be a two unit subject. pretty much i agree with coffee fan. the hardest thing for me was getting to school at 7.30 for ealy morning classes in the middle of winter in the freezing cold because they couldn't fit the class onto our timetable.

ex 2 is awesome. i loved the course and the class. you really need to make a choice on what ur major will be before the end of the year cause i didn't decide till about 2nd term this year and then the pressure was really bad. just make sure your teacher is heaps supportive but dont let them butcher your work!!!!!!!! but the freedom is great.

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
i hear you shayna

heheheheheheheehhe, oh the fun we've had this year!! too bad it's all gotta end!!

go the hot chips in 4u! but don't go the whole 7:30 shit again!

love you

Josh aka Coffee_Fan

lane

Sif I did not say I loved it merley that it was an interesting concept. Besidesyou should not be so qiuck to refute new idelogies. Hate is a strong word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)