Just wondering about extension... (1 Viewer)

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Hey,

Well my teacher (modern) suggested I try out extension History as she thinks I could do it.

The only thing she is concerned about is that I worry too much and i tend to stress over small things, and basically, she is afraid I may burn out, because it is a difficult course.

However, I keep having this feeling I am not good enough? I have improved though to think more positive however it comes and go's.

Also, that would mean I have twelve units I think, and say in the HSC I did not do so well in one subject, would it be better to have the extension as a back up, or a safe subject, so it could maybe be counted in my atar? That's if i do well in the extension.

And if you do bad in extension, does it lower the atar?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
If your teacher said you should do it then you should. My advice is just try it and see how you go. I've heard it's very different from modern and ancient in that there's heaps of historiography and source based research. If you're interested in that do it.

It won't lower your atar as long as you have 10 units you do well in. Also, i'm sorta the same haha, very meticulous and paranoid about everything i do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)