Judge Judy (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

Hello all,

Dont want to be rude here but u know in the judge judy show in tv, I personally think she abushes and mistreat and manipluates the law system. Sure that its meant to have a judge that is strong and give a fair verdict, but a judge has to be a netural stance in my opinion in a case and should not voice out an opinion out and be biased in the verdict. This is not a true indication of how law is reprensted in that if u go to the downing centre where some cases are heard do u see any of them going off at people and treating people like kids? No u dont. Judge Judy therefore is a meance in society and should be locked behind bars or better yet in a nutshell or nunnery:D

Felix: I

comeon...isn't JJ is just an american funny "reality TV" kinda thing.
some of the cases on that show are full assault cases and other fraud and theft. I dont' think a TV judge would really have any authority in the law. oh well...good entertainment after jerry springer..............damn holidays with nothing to do......

oh and i agree that judy should be placed into a mental institude. she's such a bitch.

Jin-17

I wouldn't really say its funny in that in the beginning, they sai quote "Real cases and real people". I think the show in my opiniuon really misrepresent how the law sysytem should opeate, and there should be some lines that needs to be crossed and examined. In my opinion, she seems to be also breaking the system by abusing some of the people and harrsing them and trying to be everything at once Judge, jury and executioner.

stressed02

I heard that they are real cases, but Judge Judy, as in the TV show, pays for the loser's fines/payments or whatever... kind of like, you come on the TV show and make a dick of yourself, and we'll pay you when you lose. Don't know if its true, but then again, why on earth would a defendant *agree* to have their case heard in front of millions of people???

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Yeah-the show has to pay any money that Judge Judy rules has to be paid, because Judge Judy is a retired judge, or something like that. It is 'real'-but I think a lot of them are just two friends who pretend to have a problem with money so that they can scam some money from the show, and they can then just split the money between themselves.

I have no idea why people go there to sort out other problems and embarass themselves on TV by letting judge Judy make wise comments about them...I guess cos it's free and they can't afford a real court.:(

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I have no idea why people go there to sort out other problems and embarass themselves on TV (
only in america...:D

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
It's not just Judge Judy, it's the inanity of the actual cases and people which really give me the heebie-jeebies.

:D

*points at Jin-17 accusingly*

"He stole my tupperware!! It cost me twenty-eight dollars!! Of all the insidious, selfish, arrogant..."

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I saw a case where someone took their ex-friend to court, because they lent their friend 10 dollars and they never paid it back.
TEN DOLLARS! They claimed it was "The principle of the thing." It wouldn't even be worth the money you'd spend on petrol getting to the fucking court!

And another person was suing their ex boyfriend because they had a cactus plant, and when they broke up, the boyfriend had kept it, and then gave it to his son. Not a big cactus-just a little one that you'd just stick on a table inside or something. :rolleyes:

(By the way-the white thing around her neck isn't part of her "official" judge outfit...it didn't have a white collar, so she made one herself, out of a doilie! :p )

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Whoever made them comment about the downing centre has to remember that that is a district court and Judge Judy is the equivalent to an Australian LOCAL court (ie where a judge hears the case and no cases involving excessively large amounts of money are considered). In the case of a Local court a judge DOES make comments on decide on the solution.

Having said all of that...............the American legal system is structurally very different to our own so you can't decide whether or not it is real by comparing it with Australian court procedures.

AND having said all of that...................I too agree that the show is completely ridiculous: the people are pathetic and Judge Judy is just an old bag who keeps forgetting to take her menopause tablets.

DEATH TO JJ!!!!:chainsaw:

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
You have lots of opinions dont you Jin...maybe you should keep some of them to yourself :)

Though i agree with you in one respect, judge judy is a stupid bloody show. Good for a laugh though :p

Jin-17

Originally posted by Weisy
It's not just Judge Judy, it's the inanity of the actual cases and people which really give me the heebie-jeebies.

:D

*points at Jin-17 accusingly*

"He stole my tupperware!! It cost me twenty-eight dollars!! Of all the insidious, selfish, arrogant..."

u dare accuse me of being a thief???? I challneg u to a duel u scodurel :D Just kidding

Felix: I

judge judy is dumb....saw it again the other day.
JJ: "did you steal the tupperware?"
accused: "i ...."
JJ: "don't talk over me, answer my question"
acc: "but ..."
JJ: "stop. no. just answer my question."
acc: "what ...."
JJ: "do you even understand my question? case closed."

srini

Originally posted by Felix: I
judge judy is dumb....saw it again the other day.
JJ: "did you steal the tupperware?"
accused: "i ...."
JJ: "don't talk over me, answer my question"
acc: "but ..."
JJ: "stop. no. just answer my question."
acc: "what ...."
JJ: "do you even understand my question? case closed."
haha yeah she is like that. Its very funny though. Judge joe Brown is better than judge judy :D

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Judge Judy is back on tv? hehe, I think I'll just stick with maury povich and jenny jones, some of the stuff on there is sooooo funny, and other stuff is completely gross and weird but nonetheless very entertaining when your bored.

Has anyone heard of a Judge Julie show, where ex-couples take each other to court over cheating on each other and stuff??? I haven't seen it, but it was advertised on tv hehe

Missngel

i luv judge judy coz some of the cases are so stupid!!!I dont believe its all true coz i doubt ppl would voluntarily go on a show to embarrass themselves!!! Its kinda turning into Jerry Springer!!!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I saw a case where someone took their ex-friend to court, because they lent their friend 10 dollars and they never paid it back.
TEN DOLLARS! They claimed it was "The principle of the thing."...
HAHAHA!!! oh i saw that...

"pay back the ten dollars and get on with your life"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)