Japanese Tutoring (1 Viewer)

boredcompanion

HSC
So I have been deciding whether I should get a Japanese tutor or not since I think it will benefit my studies a lot and I have been researching however, I'm not sure what tutors to choose, preferably I prefer face-to-face rather than online but I don't mind it.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
So I have been deciding whether I should get a Japanese tutor or not since I think it will benefit my studies a lot and I have been researching however, I'm not sure what tutors to choose, preferably I prefer face-to-face rather than online but I don't mind it.
if you're completely serious on learning the language (like to an advanced level) i'd say it's most likely worth it, though you are able to bring yourself to that level via self-study (using standard books and materials as well as free resources online). learning the reading/writing/listening bits can be done via self-study, but i'd say get a tutor if you really want to speak in japanese and bring that skill up to a pretty advaned level. if you're not really interested in speaking but more in reading japanese books/periodicals or watching japanese shows then probably self-study is the way to go

boredcompanion

HSC
if you're completely serious on learning the language (like to an advanced level) i'd say it's most likely worth it, though you are able to bring yourself to that level via self-study (using standard books and materials as well as free resources online). learning the reading/writing/listening bits can be done via self-study, but i'd say get a tutor if you really want to speak in japanese and bring that skill up to a pretty advaned level. if you're not really interested in speaking but more in reading japanese books/periodicals or watching japanese shows then probably self-study is the way to go
I see! Can you recommend me some Japanese resources if possible?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I see! Can you recommend me some Japanese resources if possible?
i don't have an extensive list seeing as i did japanese in school rather than self study, but the genki books are always good starters - they're comprehensive and written for university level and the two textbooks pretty much cover jlpt 5 and 4 (if you're interested in taking the exams). they have listening audios that tie in with the listening comprehension extracts in the books (if you buy them and don't pirate them that is) but you'd definitely have to use other resources to supplement your listening and speaking practice, so genki is 100% a good start.

i found this at the bottom of my google drive from like 2020 which is a list of resources for japanese made by someone else: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNiv-8S1vy29C-r5HOZx_y6mpsRaWCYYkQk6wLPx03c/edit which is a pretty extensive list, some of the resources i did use (like akebi, i recommend you get it if you have an android)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)