Japanese Beginners vs. Other LOTE SPEAKING etc (1 Viewer)

madame_elle

HSC
Hello all, is there any other people year who do more than japanese beginners? I do three languages and in comparison even though Japanese is accelerated but it's so limited in what we can say or write in comparison to say Italian where we can practically write an essay? Anythoughts?

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
There is essay writing in Japanese Continuers and Extension. Perhaps the markers don't want to perplex the beginners?

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
No, we don't get essays because the most complex thing the majority of the candidature can say is 'I like swimming but of all sports baseball is my favourite' or something equally banal. Longest writing tasks are 250ji.

Ostentatious

HSC
No, we don't get essays because the most complex thing the majority of the candidature can say is 'I like swimming but of all sports baseball is my favourite' or something equally banal. Longest writing tasks are 250ji.
Are you referring to the beginners course? Because if you are, you've just proved me right.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Okay, you're right.
We just don't have the vocabulary or the grammatical structures to discuss anything in depth in Beginners.

Ostentatious

HSC
Okay, you're right.
We just don't have the vocabulary or the grammatical structures to discuss anything in depth in Beginners.
OK, I was just confused because in your last post you said "No," and then supported me and then I was like "What?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)