italian ext (1 Viewer)

alessandra

HSC
ciao a tutti,
sto facendo l'anno 11 e devo fare una decisione per fare l'estensione italiano l'anno prossimo. miei genitori sono stati sopportati in Italia e quindi sono stata portata in su con la lingua. ho ascolto miei nonni da quando ero giovane. ho appena fatto le prove di lingua di 'ACER' e ho ricevuto 100%.
come è il corso? e durissimo?
ciao!!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I'm all italianed out, so i'm typing in english.

The course, i believe is changing for next year, so I dont think you have to study Jack Frusciante, so in that respect I can't really comment, however, it does need a higher standard of language manipulation and understanding in order to be more successful in written and oral assessment. there's no listening in the exam, oral is two 2 min speeches to be prepared in 10 minutes and delivered. Ask your teacher about doing it, they will be able to tell you if you can cope... if you're unsure, give it a go. I like it, its challenging and helps my continuers a lot.

good luck!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't do it so i can't help there but just remember that family members in the plural have the artical before them "i miei genitori" and "i miei nonni"

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
go for it

It sounds like your pretty good at Italian so if i were you i'd do it. all extensions scale up for the HSC even if you dont do fantastically!! i did it this year, it wasnt too bad, you basically have to analyse a movie, so if your good at all that english analysis stuff even better, for me the hardest part was the speaking, the two monolougues, but if your prepared it should be ok. I didnt like the movie we studied too much, but i think its changing next year anyway.
So i say why not just give it a go!! if you find italian fun and interesting its not that hard. my italian ext class was pretty fun, there were only 4 people doing it!! we spent half our time just chatting in italian!
well, good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)