*It Got Attacked* I Made A Website That Marks HSC Questions (~73% Accuracy) (1 Viewer)

Do you find it useful enough to keep running?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Hey guys,

There was a malicious attack on my website.

There've been 1262 short answers marked since this morning and not nearly that many page visits. My website's been marking 4 short answers every minute for what must be a couple hours.

The person responsible was probably trying to waste a lot of money. Luckily I made the website really efficient and it didn't waste any significant amount of money.

I'm sorry to all you guys who used it responsibly but I had to shut it down.

To the guy who created the program to attack my site, it's a shame you had to ruin a free resource that could have helped out a lot of stressed out HSC students.
Whoever hacked consider yourself my number one opp ur a shit cunt

Duskheaven

HSC
Hey guys,

There was a malicious attack on my website.

There've been 1262 short answers marked since this morning and not nearly that many page visits. My website's been marking 4 short answers every minute for what must be many hours.

The person responsible was probably trying to waste a lot of money. Luckily I made the website really efficient and it didn't waste any significant amount of money.

I'm sorry to all you guys who used it responsibly but I had to shut it down.

To the guy who created the program to attack my site, it's a shame you had to ruin a free resource that could have helped out a lot of stressed out HSC students.

Aiya, I would seriously continue pursuing this idea though. It's easy (compared to other small business ideas), smart and highly commerciable. It can also help HSC students at 0 (PLZ) to low cost. Its also highly commerciable to teachers/schools directly if you can market it properly.

You can also stretch it out to include AI generated HSC questions, easily expand to other states and countries - highly scalable .

AKONS

HSC
Aiya, I would seriously continue pursuing this idea though. It's easy (compared to other small business ideas), smart and highly commerciable. It can also help HSC students at 0 (PLZ) to low cost. Its also highly commerciable to teachers/schools directly if you can market it properly.

You can also stretch it out to include AI generated HSC questions, easily expand to other states and countries - highly scalable .
Thanks for the support, Duskheaven. I really wanted to give the automatic marking away for free. It would help a lot of students. It's just really hard to fund it especially if people abuse it.

However, you've given me a lot to think about. Thanks Duskheaven.

Duskheaven

HSC
Thanks for the support, Duskheaven. I really wanted to give the automatic marking away for free. It would help a lot of students. It's just really hard to fund it especially if people abuse it.

However, you've given me a lot to think about. Thanks Duskheaven.
Personally, long term I believe it will have to become free (for students) at some point within the next 5-10yrs or so because if you don't release it for free, someone else will IMO. UNLESS, you can truely make it better than every other service - greatly expanding the scope of this project (for example, pointing out errors in initital response word by word, analysis of the text and why, tips etc, user friendly interface, perhaps other intergrated services etc).

Perhaps, the easiest way to commercalise it is that marking is free, but you can see band 6 response for a fee. (I would greatly prefer both services be free, as free tools like this reduce educational inequality, but that is just my capitalist mind working). OR perhaps an analysis of where the written answer is wrong is for a fee.

There should be some way to prevent doxxing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)