is writing satire for my atb creative a good idea (1 Viewer)

halidida

HSC
N/A
I was planning on writing a satire about a minor political incident. i want to take one characters point of view and make it seem very nihilistic. I'm really just dramatising an event that actually happened and talking about(making up) the way the character felt about living after his ordeal. i plan on it being really lighthearted but to include themes like existentialism and social exclusion. does this sound fresh and new??

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Be careful about focusing on a minor political incident-you are much better off satirising a major political incident that is well-known and that the teacher can instantly recognise-in after the bomb-the key is to really reflect how well you know the context-every small detail, down to your character's names should be used to reflect your knowledge of this period and ways of thinking prevalent, also make sure your story is flexible enough to be adaptable to a range of possible questions-past HSC questions would be a good guide to see the range of possible situations you are expected to adapt your creative to. For more creative tips, remember to have a browse through my guide if you haven't yet:)

http://community.boredofstudies.org...c-student-how-excel-atb-creative-writing.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)