Is this a good idea? (1 Viewer)

hanif

HSC
hey guys, just wanted opinions if this is a safe route to go with my creative writing piece (I'll be finishing it and memorising it tonight - hopefully):

The story is in first person and the first paragraph starts off with the ending of the piece (a good way to use ellipses :p)
A flash back occurs piecing together a bit more info on what the intro is actually about (sets out the plot)
Attach a diary entry (intertextualisation) written in the near future WHILST still in the flash back to further emphasise the struggle
Flash forward back to current time

So the first paragraph is the ending, which is then followed by a flash back, then a different text type is attached into the creative writing piece (a diary entry) and then a flash forward as the concluding paragraph which will link to the first paragraph (using ellipses)

Is this a safe route to go? If you want a glimpse of the piece I've done so far just PM and I'll send you the amount I've finished off and explain the plot. Thanks :)

Last edited:

coyney

HSC
Re: Creative writing?

Make sure you get someone other than yourself to read it without you telling them anything about it. See if they can read it and follow what is happening without getting confused. If you they can then you should be fine.

hanif

HSC

Make sure you get someone other than yourself to read it without you telling them anything about it. See if they can read it and follow what is happening without getting confused. If you they can then you should be fine.
I've done this and my friend understands what it's about, but I have high doubts that the markers will understand it. As my English teacher says, it needs to be blatantly obvious to the markers (and by that, she actually means "it needs to smack them right in the face" since I made it extremely obvious in my trials what my piece was about, yet the marker had nearly zilch idea what I was - according to them - 'rambling on about')

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's not 'safe' but it sounds interesting and is probably worth doing. Hopefully you've got a back-up structure, just in case they ask for a certain text type.

NWO

HSC

Just include a flash back. And dont shift to and fro so many times. You're gonna confuse the markers. They have like 7 mins each to mark each essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)