is there hope?? (1 Viewer)

NickyP

hey i was wondering, if you have an assessment mark of say around 70 in most subjects is there any hope for a uai of 85ish or should i give up now????
what kind of marks should i be looking for in the hsc??
im scared!!

bellicoseboy

Don't be scared nicky! First of all, don't look at your assessment mark, look at your assessment rank. 70 in assessment marks does not indicate you'll get 70 in a UAI. In fact it really gives no indication of anything. Instead, look at what subjects you are doing and what your class rank is to get an idea of what you might expect.

As for giving up hope. No! It's quite possible to significantly change your marks between now and the HSC exams. If you work hard you'll boost them up. If not then they can drop down just as far.

NickyP

ranks??

i dont understand all that ranking shit....what does it matter? what about ppl out of school? do my ranks have 2 b awsome?

Troy

All scared

WE are all scared, and that shit about u can study and get good marks.. well FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!! it does not work.. stuff the HSC and it an all go to hell.

blake

Re: All scared

Originally posted by Troy
WE are all scared, and that shit about u can study and get good marks.. well FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!! it does not work.. stuff the HSC and it an all go to hell.
too right!

Alex

Listen, there is no point worrying and trying to figure out an estimate for what you are going to get. Best bet is to concentrate on working your best now and trying to go as good as you can from today and worry about the marks when the times come because it is not going to make any difference except decrease your confidence.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: ranks??

Originally posted by NickyP
i dont understand all that ranking shit....what does it matter? what about ppl out of school? do my ranks have 2 b awsome?
I highly recommend you read Lazarus' section on Scaling/UAI on the Bored of Studies main page, it has EVERYTHING u need to kno

basically assessment marks u get in school have no bearing on your UAI, only your ranking matters in the distribution of moderated assessment marks. And your ranks dont have to be awesome to get good mark in a particular subject, provided all the people doing the subject at your school do reasonably well in order to gain a higher average

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hope? what's that?

nah tell the guy what he wants to hear:

"you'll be right! don't worry about a thing!!"
**reassuring grin that means zero to stressed HSC person**

but honestly, just have a go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)