is my HSC all but over!? (1 Viewer)

bobo123

HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

Your parents' bragging rights potentially last a lifetime though :p

"Oh yes, MY boy got 99 in his HSC...so, how's yours going at TAFE?" :p

hahaha so true
asian parents especially
and with that comes the many wonderful demands that you can make if you get the mark
a car sounds good for me
:)

The Oracle

Hahahaha how so true that is..

My dad said anything over 99 and I get a pulsar. But if I get 99.0, then I get nuthin :(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hehe I was always shit at maths and my parents said if you top the grade in your next test you can have your pick of a car.......I came 2nd by 2 lousy marks!!!! It scared em a bit though!!!

losty

question.... the people who are aiming for say >95 would you think that 93 or something is a shit mark? or say 90 or something?

say you do think its a shit mark which im sure many people do considering how dead set they are on getting >95.... does that mean if one of your frineds got >90 or even >85 would you think they got a shit mark? cause for shits sake its not a bad mark! In uni 80 is a fucking destinction... i just dont udnertsand how peopel can think an 80 or 85 is a shit mark

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't think anyone has said 80 or 85 is a shit mark......if anything has been implied it is that ppl know what they are capable of, and for a person that knows they are capable of a 95, 85 would be considered a shit mark FOR THEM. They don't necessarily look down on other ppl who get that.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kini mini
Your parents' bragging rights potentially last a lifetime though :p

"Oh yes, MY boy got 99 in his HSC...so, how's yours going at TAFE?" :p

Bragging rights aren't much good for motivation IMO, I just wanted to get into my course with room to spare :D.
ROFL!

And the other parents go: So where is your boy now?
And the parents go: He in the business world! (He's stuck in an office.) Where is yours?
And the other parents go: Well, he's gettin by ... but don't see him much. He's overseas negotiating some contract ...

It's not where your've been ... its where your headin' ... :D

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by The Oracle

Omg, of course!.. Its called conformity, and you do it to fit in. Actually, everyone does it.

And doing all that based on what society thinks is called fashion.

Hope you understand.
For fucks sake...did you even read what I wrote?
Do whatever you want...as I said-there isn't a thing wrong with aiming high. But I think it is very disappointing, arrogant, and a little defeatist that anyone would see their UAI as some sort of identity. It's one number.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by bobo123
asian parents especially
and with that comes the many wonderful demands that you can make if you get the mark
I haven't made any successful demands :p. I will get a new PC eventually...

Originally posted by flyin'

And the other parents go: So where is your boy now?
And the parents go: He in the business world! (He's stuck in an office.) Where is yours?
And the other parents go: Well, he's gettin by ... but don't see him much. He's overseas negotiating some contract ...

It's not where your've been ... its where your headin' ...:D
LOL! That's further down the track though :p, for now the parents still remember the HSC. What's a few months to someone in their 40s? :p

Originally posted by YEAR12

ppl know what they are capable of, and for a person that knows they are capable of a 95, 85 would be considered a shit mark FOR THEM. They don't necessarily look down on other ppl who get that.
I agree, I don't look down on people who got 85 or whatever, but I'd have been disappointed to get that.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
u still got a long way bud;
and you cant fail the HSC - so relax

minai knows what he's talking about, so listen to him - other people will tell you crap.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
how can anyone forget the HSC wen they still post here!! (HSC help forum :p )

big_will08

hahaha
i thought this thread was about ME!
lol j/k

Originally posted by YEAR12
I don't think anyone has said 80 or 85 is a shit mark......if anything has been implied it is that ppl know what they are capable of, and for a person that knows they are capable of a 95, 85 would be considered a shit mark FOR THEM. They don't necessarily look down on other ppl who get that.
ahhhh somebody understands me!!!
hehe

The Oracle

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

For fucks sake...did you even read what I wrote?
Do whatever you want...as I said-there isn't a thing wrong with aiming high. But I think it is very disappointing, arrogant, and a little defeatist that anyone would see their UAI as some sort of identity. It's one number.
Omg?

A number.. yes. A number that decides alot.

bobo123

HSC
whether it decides a lot or not, i dunno
but while we're all stuck in year 12, we might as try for the highest possible.
lets just all shutup and get 100?

meanwhile lets procrastinate and dream about the wonderful things we will recieve at christmas

i want a ps2 >.<

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)