is maths in focus bad (1 Viewer)

anonymoushehe

HSC
my school decided to buy cambridge textbooks for our maths ext 1 cohort this year only (not adv); but they're making us switch back to maths in focus because the topics are not aligned in the order for adv topics because when we have assessments for adv, we have to rush and complete other topics before the assessment - is maths in focus like bad??

liamkk112

HSC
my school decided to buy cambridge textbooks for our maths ext 1 cohort this year only (not adv); but they're making us switch back to maths in focus because the topics are not aligned in the order for adv topics because when we have assessments for adv, we have to rush and complete other topics before the assessment - is maths in focus like bad??
its not rlly that bad for actually learning the concepts but the questions are much much easier than whats in cambridge

Neogotmyback

HSC
If you do a little digging you can also find full pdfs of other math textbooks for extra support. Check out reddit.

ronny thamer

HSC
its not rlly that bad for actually learning the concepts but the questions are much much easier than whats in cambridge
I agree, in terms of learning content, Maths in focus is okay but textbooks like Cambridge do provide a more in depth, and succinct definition of the concepts + examples + very challenging practice questions. If you want, find a digital version online (library genesis) and use those examples to study and allow yourself to understand the concepts better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)