Is it possible to transfer within unis? (1 Viewer)

zeze14

HSC
Hey!

So I received an early offer from Macquarie Uni and I have accepted it, however, Macquarie doesn't have the degree of the course i want to do but USYD does. So I really want to do to USYD but say I don't make it into USYD and take the Macquarie offer, am I able to transfer to USYD?

Or like what's the process include? do I have to complete this degree in Macquarie and then try out for USYD again?

HSC
N/A
If you don't make it into USYD, you will most likely have to study at Macquarie Uni for at least one semester before you can try to transfer. When you want to transfer to another uni you will need your marks and your GPA from the uni that you're currently in (which is Macquarie Uni) in this case. USYD will assess your suitability based on those.

quickoats

HSC
What degree do you want to do at USyd? If it can be done at another uni I'd suggest that you'd go with that uni e.g. If you want USyd physio, try getting into WSU or ACU physio rather than doing Bachelor of Health Science at MQ.

zeze14

HSC
What degree do you want to do at USyd? If it can be done at another uni I'd suggest that you'd go with that uni e.g. If you want USyd physio, try getting into WSU or ACU physio rather than doing Bachelor of Health Science at MQ.
So I received my early offer for Bachelor of science at Macquarie but I want to do Oral health at USYD. And no other uni does this course other than Newcastle and Charles Sturt but they're both too far and i'd have to stay in campus.

zeze14

HSC
If you don't make it into USYD, you will most likely have to study at Macquarie Uni for at least one semester before you can try to transfer. When you want to transfer to another uni you will need your marks and your GPA from the uni that you're currently in (which is Macquarie Uni) in this case. USYD will assess your suitability based on those.
Oh ok Thanks! so basically i'll have to do well for that semester? But I was wondering if the process to transfer is easy? like do a lot of people transfer?

HSC
N/A
Oh ok Thanks! so basically i'll have to do well for that semester? But I was wondering if the process to transfer is easy? like do a lot of people transfer?
Yes, try to perform as well as possible academically. That will make the transfer process much easier. I haven't transferred personally (at least so far) but I have had a few friends change unis. As long as your marks are good enough all you need to worry about is applying to USYD.

quickoats

HSC
So I received my early offer for Bachelor of science at Macquarie but I want to do Oral health at USYD. And no other uni does this course other than Newcastle and Charles Sturt but they're both too far and i'd have to stay in campus.
All is not lost! You still have the HSC to go, so study as hard as you can to do as well as possible. Oral Health at usyd has a pretty achievable ATAR of 83 (I think) so if you do as well as you can you have a good shot at making it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do a semester or two, and get a high WAM and apply for an external transfer to the University of Sydney. Try and do subjects that you can get recognised credit so that you don't have too many extra units (or pay for them).

zeze14

HSC
Do a semester or two, and get a high WAM and apply for an external transfer to the University of Sydney. Try and do subjects that you can get recognised credit so that you don't have too many extra units (or pay for them).
Ok Thank you! I'm guessing WAM is like GPA?

HSC
N/A
Ok Thank you! I'm guessing WAM is like GPA?

The GPA is an average of all grades you received in your course (e.g. high distinctions, distinctions, passes, fails and so on). Each one is given a numerical value and the values are then averaged. Popular GPA scales include the 4-scale and the 7-scale.

The WAM is a more precise measurement of your academic performance because it's an average of all of your actual marks (eg: 78, 85, 63, 48 etc.) combined with the year level weighting.

zeze14

HSC
The GPA is an average of all grades you received in your course (e.g. high distinctions, distinctions, passes, fails and so on). Each one is given a numerical value and the values are then averaged. Popular GPA scales include the 4-scale and the 7-scale.

The WAM is a more precise measurement of your academic performance because it's an average of all of your actual marks (eg: 78, 85, 63, 48 etc.) combined with the year level weighting.
Ohh ok. I understand thanks :))

anon2017

HSC
Macquarie has a 7.0 GPA scale. 7.0 is an HD , D would be 6.0 etc.
MQ changed to WAM this year.

So I received my early offer for Bachelor of science at Macquarie but I want to do Oral health at USYD
Why don't you apply to a Bachelor of Science at USYD too? If you get in then you could do an internal transfer after two semesters.

Yes though. Transferring universities is a simple process. You just reapply via UAC, who obtains your results from the university you are enrolled at, and converts your WAM/GPA into some kind of score to rank you against all other applicants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)