Is econ1101 hard? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
IM doing econ1101 and i never done economics in my entire life.
I need to get 75 wam
is it hard to get a high wam with this?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
ECON1101, if you look at the course in Semester 1 2015 and Semester 2 2015, is arguably the easiest first year ASB course.

Apparently over 60%~ of people got either a D or HD in Semester 1 and around 10+ people got 100 in the course.

Plenty of students get a D or HD without having done high school Economics.

HSC
N/A
ECON1101, if you look at the course in Semester 1 2015 and Semester 2 2015, is arguably the easiest first year ASB course.

Apparently over 60%~ of people got either a D or HD in Semester 1 and around 10+ people got 100 in the course.

do you think i can manage to get distinction even if i never did ecos?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you put in the work then I don't see why not.

Economics is very different for the most part, and they don't assume prior knowledge.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Refer to the last line of the above quote.

But yes, you can.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow. People say it's easy but I found it really hard :( maybe I dig too deep ? Didn't expect to get a HD at the end tho

LandCo

HSC
N/A
I got credit (sem 2) without attending a lecture the whole semester and went to 9/12 tutorials just to pass the 80% attendance thing.. :)

rnbdlh

HSC
Wow. People say it's easy but I found it really hard :( maybe I dig too deep ? Didn't expect to get a HD at the end tho
Wait, so you got a HD at the end? How did you find it (course content wise, and markings, etc)? I'm an Engineering student, and currently looking for a Gen Ed course to take. Would it be advisable for me to take this course? I'm new to this business stuff, and really don't know what to expect. I've looked at the course outline though and it seems interesting. I just want a fresh start into something new (outside of Engineering and Science). Would it be advisable for me to take this course?

Thank you.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, so you got a HD at the end? How did you find it (course content wise, and markings, etc)? I'm an Engineering student, and currently looking for a Gen Ed course to take. Would it be advisable for me to take this course? I'm new to this business stuff, and really don't know what to expect. I've looked at the course outline though and it seems interesting. I just want a fresh start into something new (outside of Engineering and Science). Would it be advisable for me to take this course?

Thank you.
Yes indeed. I find this course to be intuitive to our thinking in life too. It’s all about how you make a decision. You do learn heaps of fundamental economic concepts that are applicable to real life eg sunk cost, marginal utility, public good, monopoly, supply and demand ... so yeah by all means I would recommend this course to any student. Even now that I’m working, I find it useful.

I’m sure a lot of commerce students take this course as one of their first commerce courses so you are all good. Plus it’s difficulty is reasonable compared to other first year courses (don’t take ECON1203).

Marking wise as I took the course back in 2013, I found it decent. Should be a WAM booster if you study hard.

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)