Is dropling English Advanced to Standard worth it for me? (1 Viewer)

Should I make the move down?

• Stay in advanced

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Go to standard

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

DoTheFlip123

HSC
I've been mostly a C student in advanced, apart from prelims where I got a B because I genuinly studied. I've been unlucky with essay writing times as I'm a slow writer. However standard isn't doing any much better. My mark of 41/60 in advanced was higher than the English standard highest mark of 40/60.

I dont know If dropping is worth it as Advanced scales higher than standard.

I'd wanna ask If being mid-advanced student is better than top-standard student. Thank you!

Israel

HSC
im not gonna lie standard english syllabus is way worse than advanced but depending on ur school's cohorts for the respective subjects you could drop down if you feel like your gonna rank higher but you do you

carrotsss

HSC
Trust me, stay in advanced. Standard takes identical effort to get the same ATAR except you’ll almost certainly end up with a worse teacher and less motivating class. There’s no reason to drop if you’re aiming for a high (or even reasonable) ATAR.

DoTheFlip123

HSC
Trust me, stay in advanced. Standard takes identical effort to get the same ATAR except you’ll almost certainly end up with a worse teacher and less motivating class. There’s no reason to drop if you’re aiming for a high (or even reasonable) ATAR.
I have been lazy for half the year by not starting early, not even reading the book studied, not sending drafts, etc etc

If standard and advanced are similar in effort but different in scaling I might as well stay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)