introductory korean A (arts1660) (1 Viewer)

x1kira1x

HSC
Hi, im thinking of doing arts1660 as my general education subject for my commerce degree. I have no previous experiences with the korean language but i am interested to learn. So does anyone know whether this subject is hard for beginners? Are the assessment items 'fair' in a sense it is not terribly difficult to pass for korean wannabes? :p

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Not sure about how much I can add to this thread, but I know one of the tutors for the Korean major personally. I asked her about the Korean course at UNSW a few months ago and she said that you get a wide variety of students doing the units. People like myself who are part Korean, those obsessed with kpop etc.

The main thing you must remember when doing any language course is that it is fast-paced. Do not slack off if you do a language unit. This is the case in USYD, UNSW and all other units. If you take the effort to properly learn what you have been assigned during the week, you should do well thus enjoying the experience. Essentially, it should be an accessible unit but commitment is required. If you are willing to commit, you will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)