International studies!!! (1 Viewer)

m2s86

Hi, i posted a thread a bit below~ and thnx for the answers there.

I just have another question. As i told you i'm thinking about doing global...and

i just got confused while i was enrolling hehe.. i'm pretty stupid at these things

and i missed the friggin adivising day thingy..

anyway, i am thinking about doing World history as my int. studies core unit

and introduction to Global studies for my global core unit (answering sophie here). Also, I know that we

need 24 units for 1 semester which means i have 12 more to go... so do i HAVE TO

choose a language course?? and do electives count towards the units out of 24?? and when do we choose these electives?

ahh!~~ confused :( so.. if u could come up with some answeres that would be great

Last edited:

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
advising day

at the advising day they told us we have to do one year of a language even if it's a beginners language... so yes u hav to do a language. and ur elective can be anything from the arts and social science faculty. You enrol in both at my.unsw and that makes up your 24 units for semester 1

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
You have to sit for a test so they can allocate ya in a particular class for ya language unit. What language are you thinking of doing?

m2s86

i'm thinking about doing japanese and korean, but i'm a background korean speaker so
i was wondering if i get placed in a class where i learn to translate?? 'cause if i am going
to be placed in a class with australian students, i'm not bothering.. so much disadvantage
to them and i would not enjoy the class ne way... so yeh.. just wondering if there is a translating class for yr 1 korean. :)

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
m2s86 said:
i'm thinking about doing japanese and korean, but i'm a background korean speaker so
i was wondering if i get placed in a class where i learn to translate?? 'cause if i am going
to be placed in a class with australian students, i'm not bothering.. so much disadvantage
to them and i would not enjoy the class ne way... so yeh.. just wondering if there is a translating class for yr 1 korean. :)
Don't ya worry about that. There are different levels of classes and i'm sure they'll cater you just fine.

Korean
Session one:
All students, except those with absolutely no knowledge of Korean, are required to attend a Korean Placement Interview. Interviews are scheduled:
Thursday 24th Feb 2005 from 1-3pm in MB266 or MB256 (Morven Brown building, C20) or Wednesday 2nd March 2005 from 10-12pm in MB266 or MB253 (Morven Brown Building, C20).
No appointments are neccessary for the interview
For further information contact Seong-Chul Shin
Room 266, Level 2 of the Morven Brown Building
Ph: +61 2 9385 3724, Email: s.shin@unsw.edu.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)