Intepreting a source (1 Viewer)

akuchan

YUI
HSC

*Mosaic of a company of actors
hmm.. im suppose to intepret that source and say what it reveals about the leisure activities.. first problem is i cant find that picture in any book or site, or does anyone know where to find it?
this is from an 8 mark question, but there is also another source, picture of the ampitheatre, but i only need help with this one
for just this source would i be able to get good marks if i very briefly refer to the source but manage to describe the leisure activity? or at the same time refer to other sources that inform about that same leisure activity, assuming answering that source takes up 4 marks
and just to not get mixed up.. ampitheatre is gladitorial fights and theatre is acting and stuff right?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
hmm.. im suppose to intepret that source and say what it reveals about the leisure activities.. first problem is i cant find that picture in any book or site, or does anyone know where to find it?
this is from an 8 mark question, but there is also another source, picture of the ampitheatre, but i only need help with this one
for just this source would i be able to get good marks if i very briefly refer to the source but manage to describe the leisure activity? or at the same time refer to other sources that inform about that same leisure activity, assuming answering that source takes up 4 marks
and just to not get mixed up.. ampitheatre is gladitorial fights and theatre is acting and stuff right?
Use the source as a starting point and make sure you acknowledge it. Give it a relatively detailed description but remember there is more to the question. You might start off with a general statement on how - Various sources such as paintings in the house of _____ and mosaics such as source 3 tell us much about the leisure activities in Pompeii and Heculaneum. Source 3 depicts a company of actors...Then you could link it actors to the theatres and if possible state some sort of evidence about the existence of theatres. Then go into some of the activities in the theatres including plays or poem recitals.

The aim of the P&H questions are to integrate evidence and as many directly related things (as reasonably required by the question) to answer ensuring everything is coherently linked. So for this question, if you run out of direct information on plays and the theatre you may aside within reasonable limits on other related leisure activities (with evidence). With that question for example, where possible you may be able to integrate archaeologist and historian's theories on the evidence such as how many paintings found at the theatres were of the Greek style even though their plays would have been from that style starting with a B or O...related to the language they spoke I believe. (I forget the other style:()

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)