In The Skin Of A Lion (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Through its portrayal of human experience, Ondaatje's In the Skin of a Lion reinforces the significance of honesty.
To what extent does your interpretation of In the Skin of a Lion support this view?
In your response, make detailed reference to the novel.

What the fuck? Honesty? What?
How did you answer this question?

atal.love

HSC
disagreed with it...
because i had no idea how to link Ondaatje-honesty.
pretty much include textual integrity & somehow said the composer was looking at more "universal ideas."
yep, i screwed up. D:
i was such a shit question.

61st of April

HSC
I just stated that my interpretation did not support this view as much as it supported the view that Ondaatje's novel reinforced the significance of pursuing ambitions and hard work. I then talked about a Marxist reading and historical reading, but it still sucked. :( Oh well it's all over now

cheekyrebel

HSC
N/A
omg i know! this question was effing shit.. so glad i did it last otherwise i would of wasted all my time on it trying to figure it out! i hate ITSOAL!!!

moonblack

HSC
really, there were many ways you could have answered this question, while it was not perfect, there were many things u could have addressed. 1. through Ondaatje's focus on the migrant workers he tries to paint a more honest view of history, rather than the capitalist view of them as strange, inferior, and other. 2. Clara's lack of honesty in some ways, while honesty in others, as well as other characters, causes emotional trauma, you relate this to personal experiences / human experiences 3. the honest lives of the immigrant workers, and the human experiences they have been through causes ondaatje to want to foreground them, ergo cementing their place in history. bit harder, but meh, dont blame the novel, its a great book

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
really, there were many ways you could have answered this question, while it was not perfect, there were many things u could have addressed. 1. through Ondaatje's focus on the migrant workers he tries to paint a more honest view of history, rather than the capitalist view of them as strange, inferior, and other. 2. Clara's lack of honesty in some ways, while honesty in others, as well as other characters, causes emotional trauma, you relate this to personal experiences / human experiences 3. the honest lives of the immigrant workers, and the human experiences they have been through causes ondaatje to want to foreground them, ergo cementing their place in history. bit harder, but meh, dont blame the novel, its a great book
I addressed it similarly. I just made the assumption and stated it in the intro that honesty could be interpreted as truthful response. So I addressed the painting of a more honest picture of history rather than a hierarchal based structure of power. The depiction of characters that allowed them to have their perspective and story acknowledged moving from a singular structured history. Is this correct? I highly doubt it. I just attempted to fit it around my essay haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)