In need of some feedback pleaseee :) (1 Viewer)

forbidden01

HSC
hey everyone :)

i'm doing yr 12 in Sydney at the moment and i'm just trying to get my head around my major for Dtech...

so my idea was pretty good...and it was to make a low self esteem combat kit...

so basicly...that's going to be a bunch of items to help boost self esteem and confidence...hypothetically reducing the on set of depression and other mental illnesses...

so i was thinking of doing:

a few posters
a brochure (mainly on how to use the kit...)
a CD
some motivational card (kinda like a deck of cards but with motivational quotes on them)
and basicly just some tips and hints on becoming more confident and getting a better self esteem...

i'm looking for some feedback, or some more ideas... i want this to just be a discussion...

thanks in advance :D

benlomond

HSC
N/A
Excellent idea. It's currently a big agenda in the media, and a rising problem in Australia. I suspect there will be many who will be willing to help you. Organisations like Beyond Blue and Youth Beyond Blue would certainly talk to you if you gave them a call. There are also some things on their websites that may help you get started.

It's a great project for exploring multimedia technologies, including resources for the web or even portable media device applications like iphone apps.

Go for it. I'ts a strong concept.

forbidden01

HSC
thanks so much :)

i have been researching stuff on the beyond Blue website...and i have a lot of background info for myself...i used to suffer with depression...so that was my motivation...

i think the main thing i'm having trouble with at the moment is getting started...any tips ?

benlomond

HSC
N/A
Sure.

The most important way to start is to have a clear idea of what you want to do. Try to write a short design brief for yourself which will help to focus your thoughts.

Then make a list of the potential products you could make or develop, and ask yourself if you can realistically achieve those. Choose one of them and start to think about what it will actually look like. Will it be a brochure, a deck of cards, a magazine, a website.... and then commit yourself to that idea. Commiting is the important part. You will then be able to get a handle on what you will need to do to make a start.

The biggest hurdle is actually making a start. Once that has happened a lot of the pressure will ease.

There's a great podcast on www.nouspod.com about getting started in the HSC MDP which you might like to listen to. Download it for free and listen to it on your ipod. It always helps to get another perspective.

forbidden01

HSC
omg you are awesome :D thank you so much for everything :D its great to get that little bit of support and back up...even just someone to bounce ideas off....

i know what you mean....i hate the project proposal....sooooo boring! lol

forbidden01

HSC
bahaha...thanks :D .... need. more. feeeeeed back! :D PLEASE! xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)