Improving in writing essays? (1 Viewer)

MK2308

HSC
Hey guys. I'm not particularly fantastic at english (advanced) and my marks range from about 14~16 for my essays. I don't really get extra help other than my english teacher (who, to be honest, does not go into detailing when looking over my essays for exams). Is there a way to improve my essay writing skills?

Kowther

HSC
Usually schools have techniques for essay writing. my school uses PEEL - point, explain, example, link. there is also TEE which is technique, explain, effect.

also the HSC study day I went to, they said focus on concept, not context so don't get stuck into the storytelling (which is what I do oops), and focus more on in depth analysis.

basically, just keep writing and writing and you'll get better. write out like a few different introductions, a few different paragraphs for each paragraph, and basically keep writing essays and have friends or teachers check over them!

If your English teacher is not much helpful, then I'm sure there's plenty of English teachers at your school who are willing to help. :)

kwu1

HSC
Hey guys. I'm not particularly fantastic at english (advanced) and my marks range from about 14~16 for my essays. I don't really get extra help other than my english teacher (who, to be honest, does not go into detailing when looking over my essays for exams). Is there a way to improve my essay writing skills?
Ask for more feedback from your teacher. Go above and beyond to prepare yourself for different types of questions. But more importantly, make sure you understand what you are writing about (I.e. understand what the question is asking you to do!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)