Impact on society (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
Before the holidays, I was given an assessment on this topic (an oral presentation). The question is quite general and asks how increased knowledge in astrophysics has impacted on society.

I have finished most of it but now I would just like to see if what I did was...right.

What types of things would you write about if given a similar question?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
... lets see

impacts:
Space travel
Increased understanding of universe
Increased understanding of optics, example telescopes
affected some people's choice in religion
we look at the skies differently
understand the vastness of the universe
recognize we are not the centre of the universe
no longer a church's teaching that the earth if flat and that celestial objects are perfect spheres

yay! That's of the top of my head...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omfg !! YBK says it all !!!

Primary students are taught basic information about the system of our solar system such as the sun and the nine planets ...

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Not mention the technoligical advances made in the race for the stars eg velcro - where would we be without velcro?

Though, mentioning religion... I'd be careful there. There is still a lot of debate about whether what we see through a telescope either confirms or denies the origins of the universe. There are multiple theories about the origins of the universe and it all depends on how you interpret the data as to which one is better supported. It also depends on presuppositions. If you come to data with certian presuppositions, then the data may be interpreted in a certain way.

Just my two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)