Imag Journey: Contact (Film) HELP! (1 Viewer)

evanwalsh

HSC
Hello,

Our prescribed text for Area Of Study: Journeys is Robert Zemeckis' film Contact (for imaginative journeys)

When we were doing journeys, we had an idiot teacher and didnt really do much- she couldn't explain.

Was wondering if anyone had done this for their PT and if they had any notes on it?

Also what kind of related material anyone chose for Imaginative Journeys?

Thanks

amybaker1990

HSC
yer ourney's is my text aswell.. ..
well its pritty simple. we have been discussing the 3 buzz words and how they relate to the film
imagination- as in the responders are taken on an imaginative journey - then discuss techniques eg. the fantastic lights of the wormholethe ,whole going to vega sequence
speculation- this componant is fond int he speculation at first to whether of not aliens exsist. Drumlins quote bout still trying to call ET. Adn then the speculation whether or not ht epublice should believe Ellies story
Inspiration-this one was brushed over but i think it has to do with the motivation of ellie to under go both the physical and inner journey, which result in an imaginative journey for responders. i think her main motivation was firstly her mothers death then her fathers.

then yeah just discuss the appropriate techniques ..

as for supp texts its always a good idea to try and have a range of texts so markers can get a good idea as to is you can appropriately analyze text so try the film then a novel or a poem or song lyrics or a picture.
try mix the text type up a bit ..

for eg. i m going at the moment.
contact film.
lucy in the sky with diamonds song
Journey to the interior- poem

um i hope that helps a lil

pm me if you need anything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)