I was wondering what to do? Is a 93 ATAR doable? (1 Viewer)

Whyhellothere:)

HSC
Hi, so basically I am in year 11, and I want some advice. The backstory is that I want to get 90-93 star but I don't know how to get there:
I am doing
Ancient history: 65%
English advance:80-85+%
Maths extension/advanced: failed (rlly badly and this is distance ed)
Physics: 50%
Business: 97.3%
Legal: 26/30

I am falling behind and want to catch up, (I have a classmate whom I feel dumber in comparison and yeah,) I was wondering if anyone has any tips, tricks, and study methods that would allow me to ace all of my subjects, I can study 6 hrs per day (I try to and do so most days). Any help would be appreciated! :)) (I am aiming for a 90% on all my subjects I hope I can get it :))) I go to a public school! And I was sick through the term so I had issues with studying so my scores yeah...

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your results for some of your subjects (English Advanced, Business Studies and Legal Studies) appear favourable, indicating an effective study strategy. Maintaining this study strategy going forward would therefore be good as it will allow you to perform at a high standard in each of these subjects in the remainder of year 11, but more importantly in year 12. Of course, there is still room for improvement. For example, you can focus on addressing the errors that you made in Business Studies and Legal Studies, which can include revising certain concepts and completing practice questions targeting these concepts to become more confident with them.

English Advanced will require you to have a good understanding of the modules, including the main themes/ideas/issues within them, as well as your prescribed texts, as you will be closely referring to them in your writing. Knowing and understanding all the techniques that you learn is also important, as you will need to discuss those whether in your writing or in response to questions targeting unseen texts. Another important element is regularly seeking and applying feedback regarding your writing, as that will allow you to improve the quality of your writing. Likewise, attempting practice unseen text questions (and receiving feedback) will support your ability to analyse different texts.

Favourable performance in Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension is a matter of thoroughly understanding the concepts and subsequently completing practice material (such as textbook questions and past exam papers) to apply your knowledge and identify areas of improvement. At this stage, you must do your utmost to ensure that you understand any concepts that you may be struggling with. Your teacher should be able to assist you with this, and you can always post maths questions on BoS.

Lastly, keep in mind that you are still in year 11, and that none of your results will count towards your HSC results or your ATAR. With your mindset, you can definitely achieve your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! 😄

HSC
Your results for some of your subjects (English Advanced, Business Studies and Legal Studies) appear favourable, indicating an effective study strategy. Maintaining this study strategy going forward would therefore be good as it will allow you to perform at a high standard in each of these subjects in the remainder of year 11, but more importantly in year 12. Of course, there is still room for improvement. For example, you can focus on addressing the errors that you made in Business Studies and Legal Studies, which can include revising certain concepts and completing practice questions targeting these concepts to become more confident with them.

English Advanced will require you to have a good understanding of the modules, including the main themes/ideas/issues within them, as well as your prescribed texts, as you will be closely referring to them in your writing. Knowing and understanding all the techniques that you learn is also important, as you will need to discuss those whether in your writing or in response to questions targeting unseen texts. Another important element is regularly seeking and applying feedback regarding your writing, as that will allow you to improve the quality of your writing. Likewise, attempting practice unseen text questions (and receiving feedback) will support your ability to analyse different texts.

Favourable performance in Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension is a matter of thoroughly understanding the concepts and subsequently completing practice material (such as textbook questions and past exam papers) to apply your knowledge and identify areas of improvement. At this stage, you must do your utmost to ensure that you understand any concepts that you may be struggling with. Your teacher should be able to assist you with this, and you can always post maths questions on BoS.

Lastly, keep in mind that you are still in year 11, and that none of your results will count towards your HSC results or your ATAR. With your mindset, you can definitely achieve your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much! :)

HSC
What ur rankings?
May I ask what that means? As in my class ranks then it is:

Legal: 2nd (by 1 mark lolol)
Business: 1st
Maths Ext: idk (distance ed)
English adv: Not 100% sure but at least top 4-2
Phyiscs: 2nd
Ancient: 3rd

But if its any other ranks I am not 100% sure lolol thank you for the reply : )

HSC
dude you have nothing to worry about.. your in year 11 nothing counts and the only thing that gets carried over a bit is math
Maths is legit my worst subject I got the worst grade in my life in maths extension so that got me a little worried : ( but thanks for the reply!!

liamkk112

HSC
Maths is legit my worst subject I got the worst grade in my life in maths extension so that got me a little worried : ( but thanks for the reply!!
dw though, as long as ur motivated to improve it legit doesn't matter lol. i got like 50% on the first extension assignment even though i tried pretty hard, but it really doesn't matter coz year 11 doesn't contribute towards ur grades in year 12. so provided that you manage to improve your grades come year 12, no one will have to care about your year 11 results

Hipeople

HSC
dude you have nothing to worry about.. your in year 11 nothing counts and the only thing that gets carried over a bit is math
Hey, can I ask what gets carried over for math? Are you talking about the content? Not the marks and rankings right?

liamkk112

HSC
Hey, can I ask what gets carried over for math? Are you talking about the content? Not the marks and rankings right?
yeah marks and rankings aren't carried over. he just means that year 11 content is also assessed in year 12, and the year 12 content builds on the year 11 content, so you should hopefully aim to have a good mastery of year 11 stuff before year 12 starts

HSC
yeah marks and rankings aren't carried over. he just means that year 11 content is also assessed in year 12, and the year 12 content builds on the year 11 content, so you should hopefully aim to have a good mastery of year 11 stuff before year 12 starts
Aaa thank you guys for clarifying!! I was worried!

elliott07

HSC
Just the content. I think up to 30% (correct me if I’m wrong) of the hsc exam can be from prelim topics.
yep ^^ I highly reccomend just 25 minutes purely on going over missed prelim content every day but most of it carries over it depends on the level your doing.

elliott07

HSC
no of course I TOTALLY get you and its valid to feel this way because you obviously care about your studies. I was in your place in year 11 freaked out about year 12 because I didn't do too well but i'm doing fine now. don't fret year 11 is not the end of the world consider it a Practice run of the HSC. you have a clean slate to start on in Term 4 and you've only done 1 term so far. youll be ok :) (honestly the marks you have right now is not even that bad and I can def see you getting a super high ATAR if you keep persevering!!) just keep pushing and don't look back and dwell on previous marks!!

HSC
no of course I TOTALLY get you and its valid to feel this way because you obviously care about your studies. I was in your place in year 11 freaked out about year 12 because I didn't do too well but i'm doing fine now. don't fret year 11 is not the end of the world consider it a Practice run of the HSC. you have a clean slate to start on in Term 4 and you've only done 1 term so far. youll be ok :) (honestly the marks you have right now is not even that bad and I can def see you getting a super high ATAR if you keep persevering!!) just keep pushing and don't look back and dwell on previous marks!!
AAAA thank you so much!!! <33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)