I need help (1 Viewer)

raja85

I started year 12 a few weeks ago and I am thiking about buying a textbook for economics. I am not familiar with the types of textbooks that are out there and I would appreciate if anyone can supply me with the names and authors of good (by good I mean helpful) economics textbooks that are available.

Thank you

Tamim

me

school?

doesn't ur school provide u with textbooks?

u should get the updated series, parts A, B and C.

also, tim riley's textbook is widely used but goes into too much detail sometimes

good luck. ur in for a wild year. lol

kaseita

The only ones I know of are Tim Riley, and Tim Dixon's books...there's not that great a variety to choose from!

Some people use Riley (like me), other's use Dixon. our school chose Riley because they believe its better, since it has more detail. I'm not sure about the Dixon one (we used it for yr11 though)

Viator

I use both Riley and Dixon, although I prefer Dixon :)

The excel textbook is fairly useless, its incredibly brief but I guess useful for last minute revision...

Porphyria_J

I've looked at both the Riley and Dixon one, and i prefer the Riley one mainly because i like things that go into detail, even if it is useless. People who prefer things to be succinct and straight to the point would i presume prefer Dixon.
Besides, I'm biased. Ive met Dixon and he is such a show off *oh i am just sooo good* =)

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
my school uses dixon but i also have a copy of riley. most of my friends find it easier to learn stuff from dixon and go on to supplement that knowledge with riley while ignoring the excessively detailed stuff.
i agree excel is fairly useless but if you're just not getting a concept it's handy for that or to look up something basic really quickly
you might find you end up buying a couple of textbooks or buying one and sharing others with friends
but generally don't stick to just one because you want to extend your knowledge as much as possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)