*It Got Attacked* I Made A Website That Marks HSC Questions (~73% Accuracy) (2 Viewers)

Do you find it useful enough to keep running?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AKONS

HSC
Hey guys,

I made a website that marks your short answers for you, and I tested it on real, marked HSC papers (the first version predicted the HSC marker's assigned marking band with 73% median accuracy).

If you want to use it, check out: https://hscpal.com.au/shortanswer

Right now it supports short answer marking for:
- English Standard
- English Advanced
- Business Studies
- Economics

Unfortunately, each short answer marked costs me money to run :(

So if you find it helpful - and maybe want to keep HSC short answer marking free:

1) Let your voices be heard by replying to this thread and voting.
2) Let me know about your opinions or ideas on ways to fund it
- For Example: add a version of the service where students can pay to get their extended responses marked.

Minor warning: you might sometimes get a weird mark, if that happens feel free to mark it again.

Last edited:

aqwerty13402

HSC
Hey guys,

I made a website that marks your short answers for you, and I tested it on real, marked HSC papers (the first version predicted the HSC marker's assigned marking band with 73% median accuracy).

If you want to use it, check out: https://hscpal.com.au/shortanswer

Right now it supports short answer marking for:
- English Standard
- English Advanced
- Business Studies
- Economics

Unfortunately, each short answer marked costs me money to run :(

So if you find it helpful - and maybe want to keep HSC short answer marking free:

1) Let your voices be heard by replying to this thread and voting.
2) Let me know about your opinions or ideas on ways to fund it
- For Example: add a version of the service where students can pay to get their extended responses marked.

Minor warning: you might sometimes get a weird mark, if that happens feel free to mark it again.
thats fucking amazing pls add more subjects

zahri992

HSC
pls add more subjects lol
specifically bio or food tech if possible bc if u don't say 1 word u normally lose like 5/6 marks

AKONS

HSC
What's the reference point used to judge 73% median accuracy.
Good question.

I tested the first version of the marker on 19 short answer responses marked in past HSCs, across all bands, and from different subjects.

I marked each short answer 5 times, and took the median mark. If that median mark was in the correct performance band range - the same marking band range that the real HSC marker assigned it - then that was a success.

So that's what I meant by "73% median accuracy". Out of 19 responses, 14 were given the correct marking band range which is roughly 73.68% .

AKONS

HSC
Hey guys,

There was a malicious attack on my website.

There've been 1262 short answers marked since this morning and not nearly that many page visits. My website's been marking 4 short answers every minute for what must be many hours.

The person responsible was probably trying to waste a lot of money. Luckily I made the website really efficient and it didn't waste any significant amount of money.

I'm sorry to all you guys who used it responsibly but I had to shut it down.

To the guy who created the program to attack my site, it's a shame you had to ruin a free resource that could have helped out a lot of stressed out HSC students.

Last edited:

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

There've been 1262 short answers marked since this morning and not nearly that many page visits. My website's been marking 4 short answers every minute for what must be a couple hours.

The person responsible was probably trying to waste a lot of money. Luckily I made the website really efficient and it didn't waste any significant amount of money.

To the guy who created the program to attack my site, it's a shame you had to ruin a free resource that could have helped out a lot of stressed out HSC students.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKKKKKKK BROOOOOOOOO THIS WAS GOING TO BE MY HOLY GRAIL FUCK U ALL

Susu123

HSC
Hey guys,

There've been 1262 short answers marked since this morning and not nearly that many page visits. My website's been marking 4 short answers every minute for what must be a couple hours.

how could someone even do that, thats literally evil wtf

katiekms

HSC
Hey guys,

honestly, i think i have an idea of who mightve done it 😭😭😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)