I Love Legal (1 Viewer)

lovemeplz

hey there fellow legalians, just wanting to say i love the subject, and i was curious(sp) if i was the only one!! and also are u actually doing this subject because u want to do something in law wen u leave? :rolleyes:
POMF

kini mini

HSC
I don't know that legal studies is actually that useful in law. I haven't felt that those who did have an advantage over me over this semester, I don't even think that too many people in law actually did legal studies in the first place.

kass

HSC
I love legal too :D:D. You are not the only one out there! LOL. And I do want to do law when I leave school.

The problem is, legal studies isn't scaled all that great, and if you need at 99 + for law at uni, why would you do legal studies when you could 4 unit maths, or English where you have a better chance of getting that UAI.

Luthien Amandil

Is the purple meant to symbolize sarcasm?!

*alarmed!
ye-gads! I dislike legal studies very strongly! the only reason i am doing it is because it was legal, or society anfd culture, and the prospect of having to do two major works and a pip was too much for me!
now i'm burning in an eternal hell-fire of dry text books and lengthy lectures.....*shudder....thank god it's the long week end...otherwise i would have legal studies first period on monday...

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
loving it loving it loving it

im doing prem legal and i love it! most ppl in my class have decided to drop it next year already but i dont understand why.. i think it is ace! :p

But aparently legal studies doesnt help u at all with law in uni .. my cousin is doing law at uni and he reckons that legal studies just confused him!

I dont wanna be a lawyer so its ok .. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Nah well if the only reason you're doing legal is cos you wanna do law you're screwed cos its totally different to law but I spose it does help to get you in the mood???

lizzy1004

HSC
kkk but theres not problem to dat... u just 4get everything after da hsc!!

blazezs

Originally posted by Asquithian
well i would recommend doing legal studies...its gives u an idea of the law from a similar perspective

legal studies is essentially law without the practical stuff u learn at uni...
Too be prefectly honest,

Legal Studies is pretty complex in a sense, you have to write 3 essays in 3 hours exam!

1. Crime (Compulsory)
2. Option (either Family, Workplace, Consumer etc)
3. Option (either Family, Workplace, Consumer etc)

I'm sure going to have to remember all those legislations, case, media, documents :mad1:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Crime isn't an essay? Its usually scenarios and then an 8-10 marker at the end.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
crime is a structured essay ??!!
From the exam I presuming you did last year:

Helen plans to rob a bank. She needs someone to drive a get-away car. Helen calls Tom and threatens that if he does not drive the car she will stop supplying him with illegal drugs.
On the day of the robbery Tom sits in the car while Helen walks into the bank armed with a stolen gun. After a short wait Tom sees Helen running towards the car. The bank security guard chases and shoots at Helen. Helen turns and fires, killing the guard.
In speeding away from the bank, Tom drives through two red traffic lights.

(a) Explain the difference between summary and indictable offences, illustrating your answer with examples from the above scenario. 3 marks

(b) Define the following three elements of a crime, and, with reference to the above scenario, provide an example of each element:
(i)mens rea; 2 marks
(ii)actus reus; 2 marks
(iii)causation 2 marks

(c) If you had to defend Helen and Tom inn court, what possible defence(s) to the charge of murder would you use for Helen, and what possible defence(s) would you use for any charges faced by Tom. Justify the use of these defences.
7 marks

(d) Discuss the purpose and effectiveness of possible punishments the judge could consider before sentencing Helen and Tom 9 marks

smileyuie

oh, I LOVE legals!!! its just so interesting!!!

saying that, i have no ambition to do law at uni... ppl keep telling me how utterly boring it is and how its nothing like hsc legals...

but for now, the subject is excellent!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)