I Dont Understand!!!! (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
for crimeney's sake
i dont understand retreat from the global (nothing new about this thread) but i really dont like it...ive read other threads and gone to the hsc online and other such links and still i fail to grasp the concept and lack the ability to apply my 'ideas' to various questions.
What the hell is it??? Really? How can you relate Heaney to the castle and the elective and the module statements all at once and still have a valid argument and control of language and make sense????
Someone help me here.....please dont say...see this thread because I have..pretty much al of them.
Can someone explain this concept to me in the dumbest possible way??

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
If i get a decent mark for exam Ilmie, I'll explain then :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think that's going to be how it works. If you get a good mark you'll explain, if not you'll wallow!

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
retreat from the global is running away from the 'global' to the 'local' where you can recuperate before heading back out into the global.

it's a mental realisation thing...retreating from the global is usually signaled by a realisation or general attitude change of the character or some bs like that.

but for some f*cking reason, the actual retreating concept changes every single time you apply it to a new text. :chainsaw:
you have to have the hindsight to see it =/

lol, just when you think you understand the concept, it changes and f*cks you over again :mad:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes but the questions they ask are what make no sense...

Our was something about discussing the ways of thinking doing something and yeah...

I don't think many of us got this "ways of thinking" bit and just rambled about paradigms.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i said stuff bout
*paradigms..twice
*umm the pool room??
*social, philosophical, relious and political (in that order)
*global..local
*other irrelevant shit that tried to sound like i knew heaps about retreat from tha global
yay for me

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
the local isn't always a good thing, mind you
so don't think of it as all sunshine and lollipops :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The local is a heap of commie moose-drip.

ashwin

Creator
HSC
RFTG is actually quite easy. Fashionista, r u the girl from wollongong?

It is very simple to apply it to all texts, in all terms (ways of thinking, values, global, local, retreat). It would take too long to nicely explain the module in a post, but if u want help, check my sig. i tutor ext eng: retreat from global. $20/hr.

ashwin

Creator
HSC
i know u know, thats for the others posting here. well it depends how desperate u r. if u r really desperate, u could come to sydney and meet me in the city. if ur not that desperate, then i'll try to answer any really specific questions.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i dont think ill be able to drive to sydney...how often r u thinking round abouts?
ummmmmm i dont really have any specific questions just one about our assessment task tomorrow
in a composing task for rftg would you have to specifically mention paradigms, universal truths, post-colonialism, post-modernism etc? or could your work just imply these things and incorporate them into the story (or whatever)line??
thanking u muchly

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Yeah I think that's going to be how it works. If you get a good mark you'll explain, if not you'll wallow!
Yeah, that sounds about right. I want it back, because I have no idea how that piece of poo went, honestly.
Myyyy opinion is its all about implicit stuff. Thats what Mccarthy said anyway, and she's marking it ;)

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Originally posted by fashionista
i dont think ill be able to drive to sydney...how often r u thinking round abouts?
ummmmmm i dont really have any specific questions just one about our assessment task tomorrow
in a composing task for rftg would you have to specifically mention paradigms, universal truths, post-colonialism, post-modernism etc? or could your work just imply these things and incorporate them into the story (or whatever)line??
thanking u muchly
well it depends how often u need. in 2hrs i should be able to help u understand the concept and all that goes with it, and start on a text. a "composing" task? u mean a creative?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)